• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Vftt

pedxing

VFTT doesn't seem elitist to me. I see it as a tool for a set of purposes. It's managed to maximize its usefulness for those purposes. It doesn't try to be all things to all people, not even all those who journey to Northeast peaks. It's not my most visited site, but I find it very useful and for some questions its the first place I would go.

I think the big benefit for a board like VFTT of requiring referrals isn't that you keep certain people from joining, but that it enhances the link between a user name and a real person. People can't create multiple identities and it's harder for someone expelled to create a new user name using a different ISP and return.

VFTT has no advertising and no member fees. It's paid for out of pocket. For me, this explains and justifies Darren's low tolerance for a lot of off topic material - humorous or not. I admit that sometimes he seems pretty harsh. Still, there are other places for humor and to enjoy all kinds of posts. There is no reason for VFTT or any site to be all things to all people. I wouldn't feel put down if the moderators of a site feel a post isn't appropriate for their site.

Jocko

My account at VFTT was disabled. I have no idea why. They won't respond to my inquiries. Oh well.
So. I'm the new guy here.
Thanks for having me.

LongStep

welcome im new myself. vftt has some good info but stinks when you want to chime in and cant register :sad: :sad:

Mike P.

Welcome Jocko & LongStep BTW there are several people here who also post on VFTT & ROT. (Rocks On Top)

cbcbd

Welcome Jocko & LongStep BTW there are several people here who also post on VFTT & ROT. (Rocks On Top)
And some who might be able to let you in vftt if you ask nicely and perform some initiation rituals.

Greg

Staff member
Yes, as I said in PMs to folks already, contact me if you have any questions or requests about VftT.

-dave-
Jocko had a problem during his first registrations setup. He's all set now at VftT.

-dave-

I thought this approach was supposed to relieve work for the mods...? :lol: ;)

I still don't like the referral thing... :-?