• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

May be down to these two...

Rushski

Can get a great deal on either of thses skis:

First is the Rossignol Mutix - not many places carry it, two sets of arms to change it from short to long radius turns. Not sure about the gadgetry angle as many have tried other strange tech (Head Radius comes to mind).

Second is the Elan Speedwave 14. The few reviews I've read said the step down 12 is more versatile, but I kind of want a ski that won't let me get lazy.

Me - male, 6'-0", 205#, Type 3 skier. Cruise every week on my S-O-S pass, but also like to hit a few bumps with better skier friends and some woods. Steep and smooth, corduroy or freshies.

Was originally thinking AC3s, 5Stars, RX8s, Z9s...

Hawkshot99

Well I have a pair of the Mutix's. They are a great ski. The things can do the short snappy stuff and high speed. The speed is my problem..They are so incredibly stable that I can just keep going faster and faster. They never get to the point were they reach their limit. While this is great I am selling them because of this.
I just push way too hard when I am on them.

For the bad about them.....When you are skiing hard they are great. But when you want to be lazy and just cruise real slow and causual they beat you up. They make you work!(But you said said this is something you are looking for.)

Like I said I absolutly love these skis, but only am letting them go to keep myself in check(plus I could use the money).