• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The Official 3/2 Storm Discussion Thread

TwinTips21

I dont believe killington got 19 inches there is noone even close to that number by looking at the pns from the national weather service!

SkiDog

I dont believe killington got 19 inches there is noone even close to that number by looking at the pns from the national weather service!

Just got word from peeps who were up at K today....looks more like 14"......you know how they can be with snow totals...

M

SkiDog

Figured. They have to realized they cant measure snowbanks and expect accurate measurements.

Hey yer in Sussex.....hows MTN Crack fairing??? Gotta be DONE now no????

Did they even ever get the pipe opened??? Im not much of a park guy, but when theres snow....that place has a good park scene...

M

Skier75

Anyone have a better outlook than NOAA's 34 degrees and snow/sleet mix?

http://www.erh.noaa.gov/forecast/MapClick.php?CityName=Warren&state=VT&site=BTV

I'll be in Warren, VT ('bush) anyone else going to the Mad river Valley this weekend?

Praying for :snow: :snow: :snow:

We're hoping to be there tomorrow....but we'll see. Supposed to ski with my daughter who is supposed to be getting us some cheap tickets, but if she doesn't come through with them, we may opt to stay closer to home. Just spent too much money on the car and looking to keep budget in control. Been dying to get to the 'Bush this season, but every time we plan on it, something comes up. Here's hoping.

BTW, here in Barrington, NH(southern), is now raining and has been since about noonish. I think we only got about 6 inches before the rain. Man my back is sore from shoveling earlier, hope that's not gonna spoil skiing this weekend.

JimG.

Staff member
We're hoping to be there tomorrow....but we'll see. Supposed to ski with my daughter who is supposed to be getting us some cheap tickets, but if she doesn't come through with them, we may opt to stay closer to home. Just spent too much money on the car and looking to keep budget in control. Been dying to get to the 'Bush this season, but every time we plan on it, something comes up. Here's hoping.

BTW, here in Barrington, NH(southern), is now raining and has been since about noonish. I think we only got about 6 inches before the rain. Man my back is sore from shoveling earlier, hope that's not gonna spoil skiing this weekend.

I'll be there Sat through next Wednesday...I'll most likely be at MRG though. Got a PSIA trees/steeps clinic Mon-Tues and 2 vouchers for free lift tix there. The other day will most likely now be spent at the Bush, prolly Sunday.

ozzy

i got off the hill around 2:00 and i would say 12-14"
the 19" measurement was at the peak which wasnt lift assessable today. Actually lots of things weren't acessable today due to wind

snoseek

just got back from attitash, probably close to a foot. a little sleet mix in (dry)

CrazySkier

I'm at Sugarloaf now (Friday night) and as of about 6pm there is about 10" on the ground. The entire mountain closed down by noon for high winds, but I got in few powder runs (my first ever) and it was sweet! Forecast is calling for 18-20" by the time it's all done in the morning. I had about 4" on the truck at 8am this morning and when I brushed it off, it was that nice super lite fluffy stuff that just goes poof, and floats away.. I think it warmed a little by afternoon, but still seems like a pretty dry snow to me. I had no problems skiing it, once I got the hang of it (and I'm a complete newbe to powder skiing).

Jim

anyone know how mount snow did? did it rain at all there?

mlctvt

anyone know how mount snow did? did it rain at all there?

Jim- Their website stated they received about 7 inches at the base area and 12" at the top before it changed over to rain. How much rain they had and the damage it caused I don't know. Check out the websight, looked pretty good earlier today.

Mark

Jim

Jim- Their website stated they received about 7 inches at the base area and 12" at the top before it changed over to rain. How much rain they had and the damage it caused I don't know. Check out the websight, looked pretty good earlier today.

Mark
well, any rain is a bad thing. i was hoping they got all snow, and according to Luke from the snow report' "The snow's still coming down at 4:15pm. Get up here."

i'm not sure if i believe that though, i'm sure it rained and/or sleeted at times. i'm wondering if i should make the extra hour up to Killington since my pass works up there as well.