• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

FS - Volkl P60's with bindings 175 cm GS race ski

snowfreak

I plan on skiing just not racing. These are overkill for me. I'm looking at getting an all mountain ski like the Volkl Unlimitted AC3. I applied to UVM and St. Michaels just so that I was close to the mountains. :cool:

Dirk109

Keep um. Since Volkl moved MOST of thier production to China for the 07~08 ski season, I would keep them. Volkl got slammed at the On-Snow at Stratton by some of the biggest Volkl dealers in the east. Race Stock is still being made in Germany, So they are stll worth something.

snowfreak

I would keep them, but I'm short on cash to buy new skis. I'm about to order my DH bike as soon as specialized has them available. I tried park on my buddy's skis too and that is the other reason I want to sell these. I think I'll destroy them if I were to use them in that manner. I don't start back at the bike shop until Early/Mid April :sad: which means no income for some time.

Goblin84

well, you have different skis for different reasons. you dont use GS skis in the park, nor would you use them in the bumps.

the P60 is a quality ski...sell it if ya want but your also not going to get any large sum of money for it, couple hundred if that

snowfreak

well, you have different skis for different reasons. you dont use GS skis in the park, nor would you use them in the bumps.

the P60 is a quality ski...sell it if ya want but your also not going to get any large sum of money for it, couple hundred if that
You make a good point. I do realize that I won't get that much for them, but I was selling these with the intent to get an "All Mountain" ski as my do it all ski so I don't need multiple ones. I also realize that an "All Mountain" can't cover all ski disciplines just like an "All Mountain" bike doesn't specialize in one riding discipline. Would you suggest that I get a cheap park ski to improve on my skills? Kinda like the Volkl Dogens or k2 public enemy?

Hawkshot99

Would you suggest that I get a cheap park ski to improve on my skills? Kinda like the Volkl Dogens or k2 public enemy?

The K2 PE, is a all mountain ski. It is not a true park ski as it is much stiffer than a regular park ski. I have a pair that I ski all mountain with and love them.