• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

My Avatar - AZ Deadheads

ChileMass

Come out, come out - wherever you are! I just finally took the time to upload my avatar, and it's one of my favorite images of all time - the ice cream cone kid from the cover of the Grateful Dead's classic Europe '72 album. OK - so who out there are the AZ Deadheads? There have to be a bunch.

There have been several postings about favorite types of music, favorite bands, etc., and I have held off until now. My favorite band of all time is the Dead. For those who are not yet "on the bus" I heartily recommend Europe '72 for any music fans, especially those who like country rock and electric psychedelic blues, 1970s-style. Also, the Dick's Picks CD series is a good place to pick up some great live recordings. It's nice not to have to listen to old, fuzzy, concert-floor bootlegs anymore. C'mon - let's hear some road stories of hitchhiking the NY Thruway in a blizzard to get to the show in Buffalo in '78.........

Charlie Schuessler

Dead Pilgrimages

The Civic Center in Augusta Maine, Fall of 1979 and the Fair Grounds in Lewiston Maine, Summer of 1980 or was it 1981? Fuzzy memory I don't remember much of anything but having a good time, great music even during the long intermissions and the atmosphere in the campgrounds afterwards.

Sadly the T-Shirts are long gone... the albums are in the den and the CD's are in the car...for those long rides to Sugarloaf in the Spring! :D

MichaelJ

Website
www.saletnik.org
I'll agree with Stephen on Floyd. Foxboro Stadium, floor seats, Division Bell tour ... wow. Breathe in the air, oh my.

I never got into the Dead, but on the long drives to/from NH and ME I'm starting to enjoy Phish.

MtnMagic

Great avatar.

Like most of the Dead.

Love the Phish!

Seen 'em both in concert. Last one I attended was called "Gratefully Yours" at Loon Mtn. A real grateful concert!

skican

Love the Dead and now I see Phish as much as I can. Guess I better scramble to get tixs as this is their farewell tour. I also really like and have seen 2 times, Audio Slave. I have actually been to allot of shows lately. Last year saw Rush 3 times. My husbands favorite (although I never got into them much in school), and now mine as well. Go see Rush if you have the chance.
Great show! Two weekends ago my friend and I went to see Johnny Lang. God was that great!

Not too shabby for an old lady! :beer: