• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Elk Mountain, PA 3/9/2007

trtaylor

Date(s) Skied: Friday March 9, 2007

Resort or Ski Area: Elk Mountain Ski Resort

Conditions: Packed Powder

Trip Report: Arrived aprox. 8:10 am to blue skies and low temps. Was meeting my brother there, who is an Elk instructor. Got my ticket, booted up, and we hit the lift.

Conditions were just superb. Started with the runs on the east side and worked our way to the west side during the course of the day.

Lift lines were short, but longer than the typical mid-week day. Clearly many people came out to take advantage of such a great late winter day. However, once you started down you basically had the run to yourself.

For me, was probably the best skiing conditions I've ever experienced. Everyone was talking about it being such a great day.

I forgot my camera, but was such a nice day I snapped a few pictures using my phone. Thus explaining the quality of the pictures below.

Elk upon arrival>
030907_0819a.jpg

Susquehanna>
030907_1015a.jpg

Looking north>
030907_1449b.jpg

Upper Tunkhannock>
030907_1452a.jpg

twinplanx

I've got friends in Deposit NY and some fond memories of skiing ek under the lights.
Wish my phone took pictures that nice .

Greg

Staff member
You know I can't ski 'em :smile: Put that picture in there for you.

Thank you. They look like they're just about to make that almost immediate change from flash-frozen bumps to spring corn bumps. MMMmmmm...