• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Killington 3-12-07

ALLSKIING

Staff member
Date(s) Skied: Monday March 12th 2007

Resort or Ski Area: Killington 10:00 to 3:00

Conditions: Firm packed powder some ice Cool in the am 44 by 3pm-no crowds.

Trip Report: Got a late start today with having to put my daughters in ski school but got on the lift by 10 am. Headed up the snowden quad to ski down Bunny buster to mouse trap. The snow was very firm with some ice spots early on and they groomed pretty much everything.

Since the snow was so firm we decided to head over to bear and see how the snow was over there. Skied down wildfire which was pretty nice with some soft powder in spots. We then jumped on the Bear quad and we noticed they groomed half of outer limits so my wife though it was a perfict time for her to hit it. Had some nice snow on it with spots of ice poking through. Skiers right still had some VERY firm bumps to ski on.

We hit wildfire again and then decided to see how super star was. Superstar was about the same as OL with a bit more ice.

After lunch the sun came out and the snow started to soften up!!! Time to head over to Powerline. Nice sweet bumps..My wife decided to hit it and did pretty well considering it was her first time on a run that narrow.

Next run was down North Star that had HUGE rock hard bumps, hard run but still fun..Can't wait for the hero bumps...(I will feel like a pro).

South Ridge area was next...Jug had some fun but hard bumps which at this point was starting to hurt. We ended the day on mousetrap so we could ski over to ramshead and picked up our daughter that was having a blast in ski school. Our little one had a great day too. ( But REALLY wants to go swimming!)

Fun day!! But we need a bit more sun in the am for the bumpsto be fun. I will add pics when I get home.:spread:

Greg

Staff member
Nice! Mid-week lovin'! Forgot you were up there. Looking forward to the reports.