• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The Official 3/16 - 3/17 Storm Discussion Thread

nelsapbm

Of course I'm flying Jet Blue lol. At least they are re-booking everyone free of charge. We may just have to postpone our vacation by a few days. It just stinks when you've had the trip planned months in advance and are looking forward to it to have to wait a few more days. Going to pop over to the airport after work to see what they can do for us.

Tyrolean_skier

When is the storm going to exit the NYC area? Looks like I may have a shot at my 5:15 flight (SAT) from BTV to JFK assuming there is a plane in Burlington.
WCAX is calling for 10-20".

It's not suppose to leave here until sometime tomorrow afternoon. Hope you are not flying Jet Blue because I heard they cancelled a bunch of flights this morning.

dmc

Bring it.... :)

NYZ058-162100-
WESTERN GREENE-
INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...HUNTER...TANNERSVILLE...WINDHAM
353 AM EDT FRI MAR 16 2007

.TODAY...SNOW LIKELY THIS MORNING...THEN SNOW THIS AFTERNOON. SNOW
MAY BE HEAVY AT TIMES THIS AFTERNOON. SNOW ACCUMULATION OF 3 TO
6 INCHES. MUCH COLDER WITH HIGHS IN THE LOWER 20S. NORTHEAST WINDS
10 TO 20 MPH WITH GUSTS UP TO 30 MPH. CHANCE OF SNOW NEAR
100 PERCENT.
.TONIGHT...SNOW. SNOW MAY BE HEAVY AT TIMES. ADDITIONAL SNOW
ACCUMULATION OF 8 TO 16 INCHES. BLUSTERY AND COLD WITH LOWS 15 TO
20. NORTHEAST WINDS 15 TO 25 MPH WITH GUSTS UP TO 40 MPH. CHANCE OF
SNOW NEAR 100 PERCENT.
.SATURDAY...CLOUDY. SNOW IN THE MORNING...THEN A CHANCE OF SNOW IN
THE AFTERNOON. SNOW MAY BE HEAVY AT TIMES IN THE MORNING. TOTAL
ACCUMULATION OF 12 TO 24 INCHES. BLUSTERY AND COLD WITH HIGHS IN THE
MID 20S. NORTH WINDS 15 TO 25 MPH WITH GUSTS UP TO 40 MPH. CHANCE OF
SNOW 80 PERCENT.

hammer

Of course I'm flying Jet Blue lol. At least they are re-booking everyone free of charge. We may just have to postpone our vacation by a few days. It just stinks when you've had the trip planned months in advance and are looking forward to it to have to wait a few more days. Going to pop over to the airport after work to see what they can do for us.
You have my sympathies...

Its a shame about what they are going through. I flew JetBlue on my last business trip and really liked it.

clenois

The sleet is going to come further north then they expect. Just like the last storm. The best hope is that the mountains stay in heavy precip bands so that the upper levels stay cold.

Just to follow through on this thought, our hour by hour temperature forecast for the summit stays below 20 degrees through noon on Saturday, so we're definitely counting on the elevations to keep this a snowstorm. Even base temps tonight when the storm is heaviest are in the 12-16 degree range. One blogger on AccuWeather.com said snow around this time could fall as rapidly as 3 inches an hour!

I think wherever people are going to enjoy this late season blast, getting ahead of the snow will be key. Leave early and drive carefully.

Chris L.
Mount Snow

castlerock

for once... :) Still way better then that piece of crap you call your home mountain... ;)

And from my perspective it has been getting worse as I have been learning more about it. This year has been enlightning. I've got more crap to show you next time.

from_the_NEK

Website
fineartamerica.com

Since Jet Blue has pretty much shut down NE operations it may be a blessing in disguise since you can now rip powder in Vermont all weekend :snow: :snow:

dmc

Snowing and sticking here at Hunter.. Coming down nicley... :)

thebigo

tomorrow is looking real good in vermont, the question is whether to drive up tonight or in the morning

89 in a whiteout tonight or 89 with freezing rain at 5:00?

dmc

WEB_Snow_Forecast_3-16-07_.jpg

http://www.wnyt.com/

tcharron

Grrrrr....

I swear to god, it's steering as far away from southern and central NH as it can. :)

Awesome for VT, tho!

spec_seasonal6_600_en.jpg

SKIQUATTRO

why why why....awesome storm and i cant make it...life is so #&$^@I....my cousin is on the road from NJ to Bromley...looks like they are going to score!!! crank some turns for me please...