• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Bridge (de) construction at Zealand

dirt_girl

Okay, boys and girls, this should settle any rumors about any bridge closings at Zealand. District Ranger, John Scrafas has assured me that the bid did go out on deck resurfacing for the Zealand (at the campground) bridge. However, the bids came back extraordinarily high, absolutely no contract was awarded and the bidding was cancelled. Even if a new bid were to be (not likely) issued it would still take 90 days, after the bidding was opened to allow all interested parties the opportunity to bid, before just the bidding phase closed. Even longer to choose the company that would be awarded the contract. Taking us far into winter for sure before any construction could take place. YES!!! I am all set to hike Zealand on 9-11-04. Any bodies want to come along…… now that it's that much easier?

Please feel free to pass this information along. I feel some what confident having spoken to the district ranger personally. John also assured me that he will call if anything changes that would make Zealand road inaccessible to the public. He is aware of "Flags on the 48" and wishes all of you much success. Now that boys and girls…… is our tax dollars at work!
dirt_girl

MtnMagic

Now I definitely know I replied to your post two days ago. Where it went is an unknown.

Great that you chose Zealand.

Welcome to the boards dg!

dirt_girl

My bad. I posted here too. Just in case there was anyone on the planet that didn't know...... :eek:

MtnMagic I have received all your post...... :D

dirt_girl

M

mountainmaniac42

That bridge looked fine to me last weekend anyways.

Greg

Staff member
mountainmaniac42 said:
That bridge looked fine to me last weekend anyways.
Welcome the forums, mountainmaniac42!