• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The Official 4/4 - 4/5 Storm Discussion Thread

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
This whole Holiday Storm thing is a bit blown out of proportion. Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's, MLK Day, etc. were not good for Holiday skiing in New England. It is easy to count the hits and ignore the misses, but we are not even batting .500 for Holiday skiing this year. Granted, the last two Holidays of the season have been exceptional, calling this a season of the Holiday storm is forgetting everything prior to Valentine's Day (which really isn't even a Holiday).

Last edited:

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
24 hour storm total in St. Johnsbury is about half a foot through this morning, not bad! More than I was expecting actually as most of the storm total maps for this area have been over done this year. Still snowing! Hopefully the consistency of the snow gets lighter towards the weekend and especially at elevation. Can't wait to see the storm totals roll in later tonight and firm up plans for the weekend. Jay is already reporting in at a foot of snow through Thursday morning. Sensational. Amazing to consider most skiers packed up their season before two of the biggest dumps of the season this past three weeks. Will make for short lines this weekend!

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Every parties got to have a pooper that's why we invited you, party pooper....... ;)
Who invited me? I missed the invitation? Actually, I was at this party when it was a three person sausage fest so don't be fronting ;) :p Someone has to bring it back to reality when the erroneous posts are made, I am just trying to keep it real :D

BushMogulMaster

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
7-8" at the base of Mt. Ellen this morning. The Bush is only reporting 7" on top, but I would bet it's more like 10-12". We're expecting more up here over the next 5 days.

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
Who invited me? I missed the invitation? Actually, I was at this party when it was a three person sausage fest so don't be fronting ;) :p Someone has to bring it back to reality when the erroneous posts are made, I am just trying to keep it real :D

JK, hope you have a great HOLIDAY weekend!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

thetrailboss

Staff member
This whole Holiday Storm thing is a bit blown out of proportion. Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's, MLK Day, etc. were not good for Holiday skiing in New England. It is easy to count the hits and ignore the misses, but we are not even batting .500 for Holiday skiing this year. Granted, the last two Holidays of the season have been exceptional, calling this a season of the Holiday storm is forgetting everything prior to Valentine's Day (which really isn't even a Holiday).

FYI it did snow on MLK Day. 3-5 inches or so. The skiing at Burke was great. It also snowed two days before New Year's.

BushMogulMaster

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
MLK day was the day we were supposed to get upwards of 16-20 inches of snow, and instead we got an inch of snow and 5 inches of sleet at the Bush. What a bust!

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
FYI it did snow on MLK Day. 3-5 inches or so. The skiing at Burke was great. It also snowed two days before New Year's.

Our first powder day of the season was on 12/30

SkiDork On Vagabond:

normal_PC300017.JPG

Last edited:

nelsapbm

About 4" of cement at my house. Sure enough, it snows after the snow tires come off. Getting up the driveway this morning was quite the event.

Greg

Staff member
We ended up with a bit of a dusting overnight.

kingdom-tele

12" in newport center VT

jay has more

it dried out as the night went on, still snowing moderately now, if the upslope cont through the weekend 24+ won't be hard to do

Justin10

Haven't been outside yet, but it looks like around maybe 8" down here. Heading up to Loon soon for their 16". Ill post up a TR later today. Enjoy it guys!

tjf67

Got three inches at whiteface. BOO HOO unless the lake effect does something crazy I am headed to jay Sat. We will be done over here on the 15th.

snowmonster

Just a rejoinder: Any day that snow falls on a ski area or resort is a holiday. =) So that's that.

(Technically, I did say "this year" so that knocks out the no-snow events of Thanksgiving and Christmas last year. Anyway, we quibble.)

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
Just a rejoinder: Any day that snow falls on a ski area or resort is a holiday. =) So that's that.

(Technically, I did say "this year" so that knocks out the no-snow events of Thanksgiving and Christmas last year. Anyway, we quibble.)

You sound like a lier, I mean lawyer. :razz: Have you seen The Riches?

bigbog

~14" mid-central Maine.....for today(Thurs)...

Just couldn't get started to the Loaf early enough...will be there for early Friday morning. This snow will really provide most any backcountry terrain with enough depth for some nice turns anywhere..as the temps are supposed to hold till next week...:cool:

steve