• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The Official 4/12 Storm Discussion Thread

loafer89

The latest forecasts for Sugarloaf say 8-12" by 8am on friday and the next storm behind it on sunday/monday is now forecast to stay all snow.

I am trying to decide weather to leave tomorrow afternoon and ski both storms, or wait until friday afternoon with better driving conditions and stay until early next week and have powder to myself.

We are going to be staying either in Rangeley or Stratton/Eustis.

Brn4353

hummm....so I guess I should book a room for the River this w/e vs. staying here at Kmart? When is the second storm supposed to hit?

Brn4353

The latest forecasts for Sugarloaf say 8-12" by 8am on friday and the next storm behind it on sunday/monday is now forecast to stay all snow.

I am trying to decide weather to leave tomorrow afternoon and ski both storms, or wait until friday afternoon with better driving conditions and stay until early next week and have powder to myself.

We are going to be staying either in Rangeley or Stratton/Eustis.

We stayed at the Mt. View motel http://www.mountainviewmotelmaine.com/index.htm in Stratton last time we were up at the Loaf. Great rates, nice people and the room had a kitchenette.

loafer89

We got the same type of room but in Rangeley, to be close to Saddleback which I hope will have plenty of powder.

loafer89

I imagine that Saddleback will be fairly deserted, ie normal, as Sugarloaf sucks up alot of the skier traffic with Regaee. We might even head over to Sunday River on saturday before hitting the free day on sunday.

2knees

noaa is really backing off thursdays snow forecast and have rain likely for sunday.

2knees

Sundays forecast sucks...Hoping they are wrong.

tell me about it. the discussion said more likely for the afternoon with only a chance in the morning so for once, i'm gonna get an early start. and bring my rain gear. skiing in rain is ok unless its pouring buckets.

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
From the Killington Web Cam at 8:05am :daffy: :

Ksnow.jpg

Euler

Dumping in the Mt Snow Valley. Snow started at about 5:30 AM and has acumulated about 4 inches so far. Mt Snow will be open this weekend with awesome conditions!!!

reefer

Dumping in the Mt Snow Valley. Snow started at about 5:30 AM and has acumulated about 4 inches so far. Mt Snow will be open this weekend with awesome conditions!!!

I will not be there but Mt. Snow should be unbeleivable Saturday! I'm looking at the radar in disbeleif!

Greg

Staff member
Heavy sleet in NW CT this morning. Anyone know what's happening at Jiminy, or in the albany area? Accuweather radar shows snow, Intellicast shows rain.

jaywbigred

Reservation lady at the Bush, as she is running my card: "Oh by the way it is DUMPING here right now. I mean REALLY dumping."

Wasn't like she was trying to sell me. I was already sold.

Greg

Staff member
Dunno, weather maps look like it may have gone to rain on Mt Snow.

Don't be so sure. What radar are you looking at? I found Intellicast to be awful with the rain/snow line this year. Normally they are pretty good. Surprisingly enough I think Accuweather's rain/snow line is more accurate this year:

Intellicast Albany Radar:

bgm_None_anim.gif

Accuweather Albany Radar:
inmaSIRNY_.gif