• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The Official 4/15 - 4/17 Storm Discussion Thread

Justin10

just changed to snow with possibly a little rain mixed in here at Plymouth, NH. Of course it doesnt really matter what goes on around here since loon closes today. Nothing else around here is really open anymore:sad:

BUT its snowing none the less, and ill be earning my turns for the next couple weeks hopefully:beer:

Greg

Staff member
Mostly rain with some sleet in NW CT.

Terry

It just started raining here but they are predicting heavy snow for tonight and tomorrow.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Still snowing on Mansfield at 115 Sunday (now). that's great since temps usually start going down about 2pm. Easy to get first tracks today. Pea soup on top. Mostly Vermonters only today. Spruce is closed for the season and not due to lack of snow. Mt. Mansfield corp committed to operate until the 29th. midweek quad will be the only lift running. Very seriously planning for a tues or wed trip.

kingslug

Stuck home at least for now. Have to keep eye on the boat, don't want it to end up as a lawn ornament. Wonder what the roads will be like Mon morning.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Snow has just picked up in intensity here in the UV. Not really sticking to the ground due to warmer temps on the surface. I'm sure it is sticking up high though.

AdironRider

If Whiteface gets anything over 20 inches, Im renting a board and riding pow in jeans.

thebigo

Started snowing around 8:00 at kmart. Picked up in intensity as the day went along. I would guess 6-9'' around the moutain as of 2:00 when we hit the road. Driving was trecherous, too many accidents to count on 89. Turned to sleet around warner and plain rain as we got closer to the seacoast.

castlerock

Well over a foot at the Bush by 4:00. Heavy snow as I write this 29 degrees at the Base. Last run today was special.

Greg

Staff member
It's been pissing here all day...

frozencorn

Just insane conditions at Killington, with the heavy stuff still on the way tonight. I frankly don't even know what to say anymore.

loafer89

NOAA is predicting that we should stay all snow above 1500' with 2-3' by tuesday.

Right now here in Stratton it is snowing heavily, though the snow only just started sticking about 1/2 hour ago with sunset and the intense UV Rays gone.

The next three days should see some silly deep powder skiing.

snoseek

NOAA is predicting that we should stay all snow above 1500' with 2-3' by tuesday.

Right now here in Stratton it is snowing heavily, though the snow only just started sticking about 1/2 hour ago with sunset and the intense UV Rays gone.

The next three days should see some silly deep powder skiing.

you may just have a very special day tomorrow. loaf is def. where it's at for the next couple of days. that t-bar up the middle just may save the day.

2knees

Just insane conditions at Killington, with the heavy stuff still on the way tonight. I frankly don't even know what to say anymore.

i'll second that. it was unreal. refresh on every run after about 11:00 or so. just nuking at times.

snoseek

i will never forget this april. my left knee is swelling bad and all i can do is keep eating advil like candy and chase all these storms. i'm utterly speechless.

loafer89

The crazy part of this ski season is that the snow just keeps on going with the snow getting deeper as we head well into April and ski resorts are closing with lots of snow on the trails.

The snow at the summit of Saddleback was way deeper than last week and I could bury my ski pole and keep going up to my elbow.