Cannon Mountain Lift Ticket Prices Increase

AlpineZone

Quote Originally Posted by thewmurchannel.com
    Hikes Made To Meet Growing Costs

POSTED: 11:14 am EDT August 11, 2004

CONCORD, N.H. -- Lift ticket prices at Cannon Mountain are going up.

The joint legislative Fiscal Committee Wednesday approved increases ranging from $1 to $4.

Adult weekend and holiday lift tickets will jump from $45 to $49. The midweek ticket also will go up $4, from $34 to $38.

The lift ticket for teens on weekends and holidays will go up $1, to $38. The midweek ticket will go up $2, to $25.

Juniors and seniors also will pay more midweek -- $25, a $2 increase.

The state said it had not raised prices since the 2001-2002 season and needed more money to keep up with rising costs.

Parks and Recreation Division Director Rich McLeod said the agency also will ask lawmakers soon to approve a comprehensive rate increase for the parks system.
    Source
    I ski double black diamonds.

Items for Sale
    They have made a lot of improvements to that mountain and their prices are still lower than their competitors (i.e. the ridiculous rates of 'Flatten Woods' which is nearby).
    Live, Ski, or Die!

ouch. at least they didn't hit $50. thetrailboss is very right in that the lift ticket prices are still competitive and WAY lower than the competition for a mountain that (imo) offers more than mountains charging $10+ more.

looks like i'll be reconsidering my decline on the season pass offer! funny how they lowered season price passes so much, only to compensate with day ticket prices
    -Steve
    TheSnowWay.com "Skiing is not a sport, it is a way of life." - Otto Schniebs

A couple of us were waiting for your response Steve.

we all have our favorites
    -Steve
    TheSnowWay.com "Skiing is not a sport, it is a way of life." - Otto Schniebs

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua B
    A couple of us were waiting for your response Steve.
    I ski double black diamonds.

This significant price increase strikes me as odd given that NH has a clear policy of using revenues from the Sunapee lease to fund the needed expansion and modernization at Cannon. IIRC, some $2-3MM per year inlease payments were to go directly to Cannon. Justifying the increase by saying that they have to fund this modernization somehow seems like they're talking out of both sides of their mouth.

Thread Information