#1 Party School

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: #1 Party School

#1 Party School

Holy mackerel - my alma mater - the State University of New York at Albany - was ranked as the #1 party school in America again by the Princeton Review. Check out the link below to see how your school did -

http://www.princetonreview.com/colle...1024010&LTID=1

I find it hard to believe that a personality-challenged school like Albany could win this once, much less twice, but they did. Must be the kids have to drink a lot to forget where they are. I always kinda assumed the University of Hawaii would be slightly more fun than say, Albany NY in January, but that's just me.

How'd your school do - ??

Well, considering they ranked in the top 5 for "Campus tiny, ugly, or both", "Dorms like dungeons", and "Is it really food?" I would say you're dead on: they drink to forget.

I can't see how Tufts did - I"m not registered with the web site.
    Skiing combines outdoor fun with knocking down trees with your face. - Dave Barry
    Waterville 11/30; Loon 12/7; Cannon 12/13, 1/17, 2/23; Sugarloaf 12/20, 21-22; Bretton Woods 1/3; Jay Peak 1/24-25; Heavenly 2/9; Squaw Valley 2/10-2/11; Wachusett 3/3; Sunday River 3/7-8

WPI ranked 20th in the "Class Discussions Rare" category. They also were listed as one of the top 151 schools in the Northeast. I'm glad to see they're keeping tuition in check:

Tuition: $28,420
    Room & Board: $8,984
    Total (per year): $37,404
    Total (4 years): $149,616 - assuming no increases

I was lucky enough to attend on a 85% scholarship, when tuition was $19,000, 10 years ago. Hopefully my son can do the same in 16 years.

Smitty
    You have to do the hard things in life sooner or later. -- Earl Hickey's Karma Guide

Screw SUNY Albany....I visited it and it looked like a prison...UVM all the way..

Somewhere Between the Toeside and the Hellside
    in 93 i think uvm was #1 but i can't remenber. must have been a good year.

How would the Princeton Review know anything about college partying? Playboy used to list colleges and their rankings regarding college partying.....at least they know a thing or two about the subject.
    www.firstlightphotographics.com

" Some failure in life is inevitable. It is impossible to live without failing at something, unless you live so cautiously that you might as well not have lived at all -- in which case, you fail by default,"

To beat the grim reaper in life it's not about how long you live but how you live it.

2008 List

1. University of Florida, Gainesville, Fla.

2. University of Mississippi, University, Miss.

3. Penn State University, University Park, Pa.

4. West Virginia University, Morgantown, W.Va.

5. Ohio University, Athens, Ohio.

6. Randolph-Macon College, Ashland, Va.

7. University of Georgia, Athens, Ga.

8. University of Texas, Austin, Texas.

9. University of California-Santa Barbara, Santa Barbara, Calif.

10. Florida State University, Tallahassee, Fla.

11. University of New Hampshire, Durham, N.H.

12. University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa.

13. University of Colorado, Boulder, Co.

14. Indiana University, Bloomington, Ind.

15. Tulane University, New Orleans, La.

16. University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Urbana, Ill.

17. Arizona State University, Tempe, Ariz.

18. University of Tennessee, Knoxville, Tenn.

19. University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, Ala.

20. Loyola University-New Orleans, New Orleans, La.
    ------
    Chris K http://chickenjam.blogspot.com
    The Ski Cheap Or Die Calendar Project -If you have anything that you think should be on the calendar, pm me!

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile.

Almost all colleges are party schools. Most college kids are greeted to cheap beer from some frat-dog within a day or two. I know at my Orientation there was some sort of mandatory seminar where they talked about the ills of drinking,drugs and casual sex then afterwards walking across campus past a drum circle of suburban white kids with dreadlocks making groovy beats. Then back to the dorm room to look through the goody bag, coupon for pizza-hut, candy, condom..huh. Those things have an expiration date...lol

I will say the kids at UVM and Montana State university party hard..but Penn State is in a league of it's own.

I am really suprized UMASS Amherst didn't make the list. Years ago it was always in the top 5.

WVU is consistently in the top 5...has been forever
    Happy Trails

Thread Information