#1 Party School - Page 2

AlpineZone

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20

Thread: #1 Party School

  1. #11
    Warp Daddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    NNY St Lawrence River
    Posts
    7,945

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by ckofer View Post
    2008 List

    1. University of Florida, Gainesville, Fla.

    2. University of Mississippi, University, Miss.

    3. Penn State University, University Park, Pa.

    4. West Virginia University, Morgantown, W.Va.

    5. Ohio University, Athens, Ohio.

    6. Randolph-Macon College, Ashland, Va.

    7. University of Georgia, Athens, Ga.

    8. University of Texas, Austin, Texas.

    9. University of California-Santa Barbara, Santa Barbara, Calif.

    10. Florida State University, Tallahassee, Fla.

    11. University of New Hampshire, Durham, N.H.

    12. University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa.

    13. University of Colorado, Boulder, Co.

    14. Indiana University, Bloomington, Ind.

    15. Tulane University, New Orleans, La.

    16. University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Urbana, Ill.

    17. Arizona State University, Tempe, Ariz.

    18. University of Tennessee, Knoxville, Tenn.

    19. University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, Ala.

    20. Loyola University-New Orleans, New Orleans, La.

    Followed by the TOP 20 "BEST" SCHOOLS for Academic quality for 2008 (US NEWS and WORLD REPORTS )

    Do you see ANY ??? on BOTH lists ????? H'mmm WONDER WHY :


    1. Princeton ( NJ)

    2. Harvard (MA)

    3. Yale University(CT)

    4. Stanford University(CA)

    5. University of Pennsylvania

    5. California Institute of Technology

    7. Massachusetts Institute of Technology

    8. Duke University(NC)

    9. Columbia University(NY)

    9. University of Chicago

    11. Dartmouth College(NH)

    12. Washington University in St. Louis

    12. Cornell University(NY)

    14. Brown University(RI)

    14. Northwestern University(IL)

    14. Johns Hopkins University(MD)

    17. Rice University(TX)

    17. Emory University(GA)

    19. Vanderbilt University(TN)

    19. University of Notre Dame(IN)

    21. University of California—Berkeley *

    22. Carnegie Mellon University(PA)
    Surround yourself with Positivity , Live Life , Collect Friends not Stuff and Avoid Negative Nuts

  2. #12
    hardline's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Somewhere Between the Toeside and the Hellside
    Posts
    3,085
    Quote Originally Posted by GrilledSteezeSandwich View Post
    Almost all colleges are party schools. Most college kids are greeted to cheap beer from some frat-dog within a day or two. I know at my Orientation there was some sort of mandatory seminar where they talked about the ills of drinking,drugs and casual sex then afterwards walking across campus past a drum circle of suburban white kids with dreadlocks making groovy beats. Then back to the dorm room to look through the goody bag, coupon for pizza-hut, candy, condom..huh. Those things have an expiration date...lol

    I will say the kids at UVM and Montana State university party hard..but Penn State is in a league of it's own.
    drum circles. i compleatly forgot about them. did you ever go to the playground at the top of Loomis st. ? durring summer we would hang out at city hall park and drink tons of coffee from speeder and earls. cinnamon raisin bagels with honey walnut cream cheese from bruggers.

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by hardline View Post
    drum circles. i compleatly forgot about them. did you ever go to the playground at the top of Loomis st. ? durring summer we would hang out at city hall park and drink tons of coffee from speeder and earls. cinnamon raisin bagels with honey walnut cream cheese from bruggers.
    No I never hung out at that playground but I know exactly where you mean. Anyway when I entered UVM...I was a preppie kid at a hippie school and when I graduated...I was a hippie kid at a preppie school...doh...lol UVM changed alot..

  4. #14
    hardline's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Somewhere Between the Toeside and the Hellside
    Posts
    3,085
    Quote Originally Posted by GrilledSteezeSandwich View Post
    No I never hung out at that playground but I know exactly where you mean. Anyway when I entered UVM...I was a preppie kid at a hippie school and when I graduated...I was a hippie kid at a preppie school...doh...lol UVM changed alot..
    i started seeing that change around 93 or 94. i new change was acomming when i started getting call from people i played soccer with. and they didn't really like me to begin with.

    i really need go down a check out the town when i am up at stowe.

  5. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by hardline View Post
    i started seeing that change around 93 or 94. i new change was acomming when i started getting call from people i played soccer with. and they didn't really like me to begin with.

    i really need go down a check out the town when i am up at stowe.
    I haven't been to Burlington since 2002 the year after I graduated..

  6. #16
    hardline's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Somewhere Between the Toeside and the Hellside
    Posts
    3,085
    Quote Originally Posted by GrilledSteezeSandwich View Post
    I haven't been to Burlington since 2002 the year after I graduated..
    last time i was there was 2000 and it wasn't even in town i just stoped to gas on the way up canada. we should deffinatly go to a tour of the town one night when we are up at stowe get some dinner and do a crawl.

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by hardline View Post
    last time i was there was 2000 and it wasn't even in town i just stoped to gas on the way up canada. we should deffinatly go to a tour of the town one night when we are up at stowe get some dinner and do a crawl.
    Fo shizzle..

  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp Daddy View Post
    Followed by the TOP 20 "BEST" SCHOOLS for Academic quality for 2008 (US NEWS and WORLD REPORTS )

    Do you see ANY ??? on BOTH lists ????? H'mmm WONDER WHY :

    I know you're just poking fun but wasn't animal house partially based off a frat at dartmouth?

  9. #19
    Warp Daddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    NNY St Lawrence River
    Posts
    7,945

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by chase View Post
    I know you're just poking fun but wasn't animal house partially based off a frat at dartmouth?
    -- correct !!!---Alpha Delta Phi of Dartmouth College is the fraternity on which the movie ANIMAL HOUSE was based
    Surround yourself with Positivity , Live Life , Collect Friends not Stuff and Avoid Negative Nuts

  10. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Skimeister View Post
    WVU is consistently in the top 5...has been forever
    deservedly so

    I lived in Deep Creek Lake Maryland for a year and partied quite a bit in Morgantown.

    I also lived and worked in Athens Ohio for a year ( Ohio University) and I felt they partied even harder.




    Halloween weekend in Athens is the biggest, rowdiest party you will ever see. I've never been to Mardi Gras, but I think the fine folks in New Orleans would be jealous of Athens on that day. It's completely nuts.


    Now I live down the road from UNH and will be married to a former grad. I'll be the judge to see if it lives up to it's number 11 ranking.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 6:11 PM.