• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

#1 Party School

ChileMass

Holy mackerel - my alma mater - the State University of New York at Albany - was ranked as the #1 party school in America again by the Princeton Review. Check out the link below to see how your school did -

http://www.princetonreview.com/college/research/profiles/rankings.asp?listing=1024010&LTID=1

I find it hard to believe that a personality-challenged school like Albany could win this once, much less twice, but they did. Must be the kids have to drink a lot to forget where they are. I always kinda assumed the University of Hawaii would be slightly more fun than say, Albany NY in January, but that's just me. :blink:

How'd your school do - ?? :beer: :beer: :beer:

MichaelJ

Website
www.saletnik.org
Well, considering they ranked in the top 5 for "Campus tiny, ugly, or both", "Dorms like dungeons", and "Is it really food?" I would say you're dead on: they drink to forget.
:)

I can't see how Tufts did - I"m not registered with the web site.

smitty77

Website
hotmix77.tripod.com
WPI ranked 20th in the "Class Discussions Rare" category. They also were listed as one of the top 151 schools in the Northeast. I'm glad to see they're keeping tuition in check:

Tuition: $28,420
Room & Board: $8,984
Total (per year): $37,404 :eek: :blink: :eek:
Total (4 years): $149,616 - assuming no increases

I was lucky enough to attend on a 85% scholarship, when tuition was $19,000, 10 years ago. Hopefully my son can do the same in 16 years.

Smitty

ckofer

Website
www.skicheapordie.com
2008 List

1. University of Florida, Gainesville, Fla.

2. University of Mississippi, University, Miss.

3. Penn State University, University Park, Pa.

4. West Virginia University, Morgantown, W.Va.

5. Ohio University, Athens, Ohio.

6. Randolph-Macon College, Ashland, Va.

7. University of Georgia, Athens, Ga.

8. University of Texas, Austin, Texas.

9. University of California-Santa Barbara, Santa Barbara, Calif.

10. Florida State University, Tallahassee, Fla.

11. University of New Hampshire, Durham, N.H.

12. University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa.

13. University of Colorado, Boulder, Co.

14. Indiana University, Bloomington, Ind.

15. Tulane University, New Orleans, La.

16. University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Urbana, Ill.

17. Arizona State University, Tempe, Ariz.

18. University of Tennessee, Knoxville, Tenn.

19. University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, Ala.

20. Loyola University-New Orleans, New Orleans, La.

Almost all colleges are party schools. Most college kids are greeted to cheap beer from some frat-dog within a day or two. I know at my Orientation there was some sort of mandatory seminar where they talked about the ills of drinking,drugs and casual sex then afterwards walking across campus past a drum circle of suburban white kids with dreadlocks making groovy beats. Then back to the dorm room to look through the goody bag, coupon for pizza-hut, candy, condom..huh. Those things have an expiration date...lol

I will say the kids at UVM and Montana State university party hard..but Penn State is in a league of it's own.

MR. evil

I am really suprized UMASS Amherst didn't make the list. Years ago it was always in the top 5.

Warp Daddy

2008 List

1. University of Florida, Gainesville, Fla.

2. University of Mississippi, University, Miss.

3. Penn State University, University Park, Pa.

4. West Virginia University, Morgantown, W.Va.

5. Ohio University, Athens, Ohio.

6. Randolph-Macon College, Ashland, Va.

7. University of Georgia, Athens, Ga.

8. University of Texas, Austin, Texas.

9. University of California-Santa Barbara, Santa Barbara, Calif.

10. Florida State University, Tallahassee, Fla.

11. University of New Hampshire, Durham, N.H.

12. University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa.

13. University of Colorado, Boulder, Co.

14. Indiana University, Bloomington, Ind.

15. Tulane University, New Orleans, La.

16. University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Urbana, Ill.

17. Arizona State University, Tempe, Ariz.

18. University of Tennessee, Knoxville, Tenn.

19. University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, Ala.

20. Loyola University-New Orleans, New Orleans, La.

Followed by the TOP 20 "BEST" SCHOOLS for Academic quality for 2008 (US NEWS and WORLD REPORTS )

Do you see ANY ??? on BOTH lists ????? H'mmm WONDER WHY :D:

1. Princeton ( NJ)

2. Harvard (MA)

3. Yale University(CT)

4. Stanford University(CA)

5. University of Pennsylvania

5. California Institute of Technology

7. Massachusetts Institute of Technology

8. Duke University(NC)

9. Columbia University(NY)

9. University of Chicago

11. Dartmouth College(NH)

12. Washington University in St. Louis

12. Cornell University(NY)

14. Brown University(RI)

14. Northwestern University(IL)

14. Johns Hopkins University(MD)

17. Rice University(TX)

17. Emory University(GA)

19. Vanderbilt University(TN)

19. University of Notre Dame(IN)

21. University of California—Berkeley *

22. Carnegie Mellon University(PA)

hardline

Somewhere Between the Toeside and the Hellside
Almost all colleges are party schools. Most college kids are greeted to cheap beer from some frat-dog within a day or two. I know at my Orientation there was some sort of mandatory seminar where they talked about the ills of drinking,drugs and casual sex then afterwards walking across campus past a drum circle of suburban white kids with dreadlocks making groovy beats. Then back to the dorm room to look through the goody bag, coupon for pizza-hut, candy, condom..huh. Those things have an expiration date...lol

I will say the kids at UVM and Montana State university party hard..but Penn State is in a league of it's own.

drum circles. i compleatly forgot about them. did you ever go to the playground at the top of Loomis st. ? durring summer we would hang out at city hall park and drink tons of coffee from speeder and earls. cinnamon raisin bagels with honey walnut cream cheese from bruggers.

drum circles. i compleatly forgot about them. did you ever go to the playground at the top of Loomis st. ? durring summer we would hang out at city hall park and drink tons of coffee from speeder and earls. cinnamon raisin bagels with honey walnut cream cheese from bruggers.

No I never hung out at that playground but I know exactly where you mean. Anyway when I entered UVM...I was a preppie kid at a hippie school and when I graduated...I was a hippie kid at a preppie school...doh...lol UVM changed alot..

hardline

Somewhere Between the Toeside and the Hellside
No I never hung out at that playground but I know exactly where you mean. Anyway when I entered UVM...I was a preppie kid at a hippie school and when I graduated...I was a hippie kid at a preppie school...doh...lol UVM changed alot..

i started seeing that change around 93 or 94. i new change was acomming when i started getting call from people i played soccer with. and they didn't really like me to begin with.

i really need go down a check out the town when i am up at stowe.

i started seeing that change around 93 or 94. i new change was acomming when i started getting call from people i played soccer with. and they didn't really like me to begin with.

i really need go down a check out the town when i am up at stowe.

I haven't been to Burlington since 2002 the year after I graduated..

chase

Followed by the TOP 20 "BEST" SCHOOLS for Academic quality for 2008 (US NEWS and WORLD REPORTS )

Do you see ANY ??? on BOTH lists ????? H'mmm WONDER WHY :D:

I know you're just poking fun but wasn't animal house partially based off a frat at dartmouth?

deadheadskier

Staff member
WVU is consistently in the top 5...has been forever

deservedly so

I lived in Deep Creek Lake Maryland for a year and partied quite a bit in Morgantown.

I also lived and worked in Athens Ohio for a year ( Ohio University) and I felt they partied even harder.

Halloween weekend in Athens is the biggest, rowdiest party you will ever see. I've never been to Mardi Gras, but I think the fine folks in New Orleans would be jealous of Athens on that day. It's completely nuts.

Now I live down the road from UNH and will be married to a former grad. I'll be the judge to see if it lives up to it's number 11 ranking.