• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

N'east Magazine

Greg

Staff member
Here's the press release and premiere issue cover:

For immediate release
N'east Magazine
editor@neastmagazine.com

N'east Magazine is ready for a fantastic, northeast-wide launch.

August 17, 2004, N'east Magazine, based out of Cape Cod, MA, will be on newsstands and in retail shops across the northeast. Fueled and created by regional photographers, writers, and athletes, N'east is focused on presenting the absolute best coverage of the active outdoor lifestyle, travel and arts in the northeast. N'east has been positioned for a strong newsstand presence at the finer bookstores and the many core outdoor shops in the area.

“I think the retailers and wholesale buyers of periodicals - and most importantly the readers, have really been waiting for a publication like this. One focused on them and their active pursuits, arts, and issues they want to see." says New Hampshire native, Jim McGinley.

McGinley, the Founding Editor and Publisher of N'east, will serve as the leader of a team comprised of industry established writers and photographers. Each one fully involved already in the outdoor world and from the northeast.

"That's really the beauty of this whole project - everyone involved is an outdoor enthusiast first and foremost. Each department, whether surfing, climbing, skiing, sailing, travel, etc. - has an editor. These editors represent their department and their own specific audience. As each team member focuses on their own talents and interests, what you create is an awesome melting pot of proud and committed team members - and great product." says McGinley.

“All that aside - the photography and the writing is amazing - this really is an unbelievable magazine. I could not have asked for more on our first issue."

On their audience:

"Our audience is comprised of those who live and love the active lifestyle - period. To us, it doesn't matter if you're a climber, a runner, a surfer, a local, a visitor, fifteen or fifty - if you are pushing yourself to achieve and create, if you appreciate your environment, and are committed to the outdoors, then you will find interest in N'east Magazine.”

Nick Lavecchia, from Burlington, VT, the magazine's Designer and established surf photographer:

"When I think about this magazine, and the fact that we are creating it based on the pure stoke of the people, and the environment in which we've chosen to live - that thought keeps driving me to make it better, and to seek more interesting people and places within the northeast."

N'east Magazine is published in the northeast at Cummings Printing, Hooksett, NH, on the highest "post-consumer" paper available.

"From design to pre-press, from printing to distribution; the whole process is done in the northeast - this just adds to the mystique - at least for me anyway. The magazine stands alone among the many regional publications - no other regional magazine, and few other national magazines feature such a high quality production. N'east is a premium product from cover to cover."

N'east Magazine
$5.99 cover price
$18 one year subscription
www.neastmagazine.com
neast_cover.jpg