• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Best Way to End Season?

Better to end the season on a high note or a low note?

• High note

Votes: 22 78.6%
  • Low note.

Votes: 6 21.4%

• Total voters

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
Back in March, the season was going so good and I was so happy that I stated that it wouldn't bother me if it ended right then and there. Then came April with a ton of snow, now I find myself getting ready to end the season on a rainy weekend and I wish it would continue.

The got me wondering, is it better to end the season with lots of powder and great conditions. Or is it better to end it with bare spots, rain, and limited terrain and lifts. My vote goes for latter. It's almost like a funeral, sad but it's a closing.:cry:

Terry

I think you posted in the wrong forum. But anyways, I would ski till the bitter end if i could! Till the last lift turns, and then maybe tucks beyond that! But I can't so I am only dreaming. :beer:

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
The simple answer to your question (if you feel that this weekend will be a low note) is to not end your season this weekend. ;) My last day of skiing for the season is always a high note. It is the day after that I hit the low note :lol:

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
The simple answer to your question (if you feel that this weekend will be a low note) is to not end your season this weekend. ;) My last day of skiing for the season is always a high note. It is the day after that I hit the low note :lol:

Don't get me wrong, it's all good! :lol:

pepperdawg

I think going out on a hi note.....Monday at K-mart rocked (realistically my last day) - all sun, temps in the 80's, lots o snow, no lines....thats what will keep the stoke flowing all summer....

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
I think going out on a hi note.....Monday at K-mart rocked (realistically my last day) - all sun, temps in the 80's, lots o snow, no lines....thats what will keep the stoke flowing all summer....

My skin's still peeling from all that sun, ouch!! It was a good weekend though, so good I had to take Monday off.

kcyanks1

I voted for low note.

There's something about skiing the one trail with any snow on it in May (Steve, I know it's July for you :) ) that puts a nice cap on the season. My day last weekend at Killington was a great spring day with lots of terrain open. It would feel weird though if that's my last day, because after a day like that it seems that winter is far from done. Skiing Superstar in mid-May was perfect because I could really tell that was it but still have a nice day skiing.

dmc

I thinks it good to end the season when there's no snow left...

SkiDog

I'll let you all know the answer to this question MAYBE when Snowbird actually closes...i'll likely be hiking for turns well into July...maybe longer calling for some more snow at elevation in the next week or so?

:D

M

MRGisevil

I say high note; it's always better to finish an experience with a good last impression... makes you more excited to do it again and again!

Grassi21

I ended on a high note at Jiminy. I was hauling a%* on all of my 25 or so runs. I let Greg talk me into trying Whitetail and Jericho. I probably would have avoided those trails if I was solo that day. The light flurries I had from 9:30 until about lunchtime was a nice touch too. The confidence I gained this season and on this last day has me stoked for next season.

skiadikt

i'm with steve. i don't want the ski season to ever end. as long as i can link some turns on my last day it's a high note. once the skis go in the closet that's when the low notes begin.

2knees

simple for me. the best way to end a season is uninjured. its all gravy beyond that.