• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Trailboss' Paddling Reports: Summer 2007 (Now WITH PICS!)

MAD777

Hey TB,

I'm missing your great kayaking trip reports.

I'm living between Florida & New Hampshire, mostly Florida now where I do all my kayaking but can you give some advice to a prospective New England kayaker (me). In Florida, we can get away from the mosquitoes if we paddle out to open water, away from the vegetation on the banks. I recently heard a rumor that black flies will come and get you even in the middle of a lake. Say, "It ain't so!"

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
Hey TB,

I'm living between Florida & New Hampshire, mostly Florida now where I do all my kayaking but can you give some advice to a prospective New England kayaker (me). In Florida, we can get away from the mosquitoes if we paddle out to open water, away from the vegetation on the banks. I recently heard a rumor that black flies will come and get you even in the middle of a lake. Say, "It ain't so!"

On the bright side, no gators up here :)

thetrailboss

Staff member
Hey TB,

The season is over...I'm afraid...

And the reports came to an abrupt end because Ms. Trailboss went off the deep end....and I have not had time to post any reports....long story.

thetrailboss

Staff member
And what advice did you need?

Some other trips that happened, but were not recorded:

August 16th: Joe's Pond
August 18th: Shadow Pond
September 16th: Wrightsville Reservoir
October 13th: Woodbury Reservoir
October 20th: Lake Eden

It was a good season...