• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

8/27/04 Hiking Twins and Galehead

dirt_girl

Hey Everybody, :D
Alright this will be the only time I will temp you to play hookie on a Friday.
The weather will be perfect, no crowds and a moderate hike with great views.
I could care less about book times. :roll:
I am not obsessed with reaching the peaks and take time to actually enjoy the woods and the company.

Here's the plan: Car spot vehicles at Gale River Trailhead at 8:45ish am.
Drive over to N.Twinway Trailhead leaving at 9:00 am sharp.
Bag N Twin, S Twin, stop at Galehead Hut and bag Galehead before descending the Gale River Trail.
Guesstimating... 12 miles and about 9 hours of hiking with an elevation gain of 3650 ft.

If I have been a bad influence on you and you are gonna ditch work... :wink:... please let me know if you are gonna hike.
I would be happy to have you all along for the fun!! :D
I will be leaving home at 5:45 :eek: am on Friday morning if you want to carpool up, I have room for three.

dirt_girl

SilentCal

How tempting! I can't make it but your really starting to make me jealous with all the hiking you can get in. :roll: Vacation in 9 days for me though! Don't forget the second viewpoint on North Twin. Awesome views of the Pemi from there.

Happy Trails