• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Arrrrrrgh

Stephen

Website
www.dunhom.com
Ok, I know I've been on a political kick lately. That's what happens when softball ends... I need to find something emotional to fill the void.

The hypocrisy is killing me:

Democrats: Bush stop the Swift Boat ads.
McCain: Stop the Swift Boat ads.
Bush: OK, I'll stop all of the 527 ads.
McCain: Sounds great!
McAullife: NO! You can't do that! We'll sue you if you try!
McCain: Kerry, you can stop using me in your ad now...
Kerry: um, ok.

abcnews.com said:
BUSH CALLS McCAIN TO HELP PURSUE LEGAL ACTION AGAINST 527s: Scott McClellan tells press that this morning the President called Sen. McCain to ask for his help in pursuing court action to shut down the 527 groups... If court action does not work, Bush said he would look forward to working on legislation to silence the groups in political debate. MORE

McCAIN RESPONDS: "I enthusiastically applaud President Bush's commitment to ensuring that 527s operate under the same funding rules that apply to federal candidates and parties. I look forward to working with the President, both in the courts and through legislation, to force the Federal Election Commission to regulate 527s, as they are already required by the law and affirmed by the Supreme Court, to do," said McCain in a statement.

McAULIFFE REAX: "They're not going to be able to go to court and pull down these ads...They know as well as we do that they're not going to be able to stop these ads."

KERRY TO TAKE DOWN McCAIN AD: "We respect John McCain's wishes, and will stop running the ads of him challenging Bush to denounce the attacks on his service. It's long past time that George Bush also take John McCain's advice and do the right thing by putting an end to the smears and lies attacking John Kerry's military service. George Bush needs to say this is wrong, he needs to say it must end," said Kerry spokesperson David Wade.

If that's the case McAullife, then why even ask Bush to stop any ads? What makes you so sure that the Swift Boat Vets would lose in court yet George Soros/moveon.org would win. Oh right, moveon has millions...

I need to cool off... :beer:

-Stephen

Charlie Schuessler

Try riding a bicycle. Since the ski season has ended in May, I've ridden over 1,000 miles and feel great. Unfortunately though my hiking has been limited to three day trips this summer... :roll:

However, flying up & down NH Routes 13, 114, 202 and 103 is a blast. The downhill speed feels as good as skiing..... :D