New York Yankees

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 64 1231151 ... LastLast

New York Yankees

Ok i want to hear from some Yankee fans about how they are feeling about this team? I watched the Mets beat them again. I know Clemens is coming but he can only help you once every five days. Im a huge redsox fan and they are doing well obviously but then will have a streak when they go 4-6, thats just baseball.. I remember they were 40-17 in 2002 and didnt even make the playoffs so im not gonna sit here and run my mouth or make predictions about the AL east, ive seen it backfire too often.. But seriously the Yanks just dont look good, i know they have had slow starts , 11-19 2yrs ago and still won 98 games and the division but i just dont see that this year.. Watching another pitcher they had on the mound today go down with a broken finger, even im starting to feel bad for them. So your thoughts on the team and where they are headed? And maybe the Mets are better than them this year but why do they think they own the city all of a sudden??After they win 10 straight divisions and 4world series get back to me , til then shut up your 2nd best for owning the town its just the way it is.

LETS GO METS!!!!

Yanks look like they are avoiding sweep right now...

Fact is... The Mets are playing a the top of their game now and the Yanks not so much..
    We think we own the town because we think our team is winning..

It's not even summer yet.. Pleanty of time...
    "Sometimes the rock n roll life is not all rainbows & fairy dust..." - Fake Jerry

Gammons reported that Steinbrenner may be making his decision on whether to keep Torre or nor by Thursday after the series with the Red Sox.
    2003-2004: 21; 2004-2005: 27; 2005-2006: 31; 2006-2007: 31; 2007-2008: 38; 2008-2009: 43; 2009-2010: 42; 2010-2011: 46; 2011-2012: 33; 2012-2013: 26 2013-14: 18; 2014-15: 17; 2015-16: 7; 2016-17: 14

2017-18 days - 3

Wachusett: 11/12, 11/13, 11/14

Quote Originally Posted by OldsnowboarderME View Post
    Another Red Sox Fan here but if the Yankees are under .500 come the time of the all star break I believe Torre will be gone ..
    Normally id agree if it was anybody else but after 11 straight divisions and 4 world series, i dont care if the yankees missed the playoffs entirely this year, the guy deserves to go out on his own terms, hes earned it.

Yankees stink right now...but it's May.

How many times do Yankees fans have to listen to the champions of April/May beating their chests?

Talk to me in September. Especially you Bosox fans.

Unless Torre gets fired...then it's all over now.

BTW, Yanks made a big comeback Sat, and they kicked Mets' ass last night. A blowout.

Quote Originally Posted by JimG. View Post
    Yankees stink right now...but it's May.
    IMO, Torres job and perhaps Cashman is dependent on how Clemens and Mussina will perform once they get into the rotation. The starting pitching sucks, they don't have a stud that will prevent long losing streaks or that will give the bullpen a rest.

Quote Originally Posted by jack97 View Post
    IMO, Torres job and perhaps Cashman is dependent on how Clemens and Mussina will perform once they get into the rotation. The starting pitching sucks, they don't have a stud that will prevent long losing streaks or that will give the bullpen a rest.
    I'd tell Steinbrenner the same thing I said here...it's May, take a chill pill and calm down.

I'd rather they play poorly now than in August/September when it counts.

In The Boss' defense, he is much mellower than years past.
    '04-'05 - 2 days
    '05-'06 - 11 days
    '06-'07 - 20 days
    '07-'08 - 19 days
    '08 - '09 - 23 days
    '09 - '10 - 16 days
    '10 - '11 - 12 days
    '11 - '12 - 6 days
    Lifetime Total - 109

Namaste you guys!

It's the curse of the new Stadium.

For every cubic foot of concrete poured in the new foundation, another Yankee starting pitcher will be injured in increasingly bizarre fashions. Next injury: Moose's right index finger will be pecked off by an angry Bronx pigeon.

For every 10 cubic feet poured, the Red Sox will gain a game on the Yanks in the standings... and one faithful RSN member will spontaneously combust out of excitement.

For every 100 cubic feet poured, a speck of real blood will be found among the red paint on Curt Schilling's (in)famous sock.

(Yes, I'm a Yankees fan. A bewildered fan. But, I'm not complaining. It's been a good run and I'm still hopeful.)

Quote Originally Posted by Grassi21 View Post
    In The Boss' defense, he is much mellower than years past.
    There are rumors out there that he has Alzheimer's, which is limiting his public speaking appearances, etc.

Thread Information