• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

New York Yankees

JimG.

Staff member
I look at it like this the Rockies got so jazzed up to play the yanks and sox they are just playing their world series now, which explains why they still wont make the playoffs, after these big series they just dont get pumped up for the games anymore.. Having no DH really changes the strategy when ive watched these interleague games.

Don't dismiss the Rockies so easily...they have the best record in baseball over the past month or so and they have won something like 6-7 series in a row.

FRITOLAYGUY

Don't dismiss the Rockies so easily...they have the best record in baseball over the past month or so and they have won something like 6-7 series in a row.

Wow they have won 9 series in a row with a 4 game split with StL in the middle, pretty impressive. Hey ive watched a game in Coors field, nice place,great seating to watch a game, nice fans, just not real baseball to me, too family. This is the same team that was giving up Helton to the sox in the beginning of the year.

FRITOLAYGUY

Im curious the Mets who well wow are in a serious tailspin will be in Colorado July 4th weekend, im curious to see how many people they draw there on a weekend, versus the yankees selling out the place during the middle of the week, with the Rockies charging 75 dollars for a 37 dollar ticket, nice lol.

tjf67

The rockies are turning there season around. They are young and starting to figure out that they are good. That said, With our payroll we have to hit the ball. Screw our bullpen get some runs.

If we loose a game when we score 7 then I will get after the pitching.

FRITOLAYGUY

I agree with ya, i think Jim and other Yankee fans will agree, the redsox are not really missing Damon, maybe last year but he is deteriorating right before our eyes now, i think hes done as a good player and fielder.

tree_skier

Dude cmon thats just a ridiculous statement, Jim knows im having fun with him and i expect a Post allstar break charge once again from the Yanks, another 9/10 or so.

and I just enjoy a little poking at yankee fans. Why, just look at this thread, They go on a short tear against the NL aka AAA and because they have won an ungodly amount of world series they

1. are the be all and end all of baseball
2. are still the best team in all of baseball
3. will just turn it on on thier schedule and blow past not only the 5 teams ahead of them for the wildcard but the team with the best record in baseball for the division

Now lets look at the Yanks

Offense - very good - one of the best in the league with 2 negatives Giambi off the juice is not producing and maybe out for the year anyway and Damon who's big offense has allways been speed has bum wheels.

Defense Jeter - one of the best current if not all time
Matsui- very good
Posada - very good
Mientkiewicz excellent defense week offense oops on DL
A-rod - week
Damon the statement looks like jesus throws like mary is pretty accurate

Starters

Wang is doing quite well
Petite and Mussina are not having good years
Clemens is YTBD but he has only been a 5 or 6 inning pitcher the last few years and then on to the bullpen

Bullpen - beside Rivera who is at the end of a great carreer but isn't the pitcher he was even a couple of years ago. Who is in there

Thus pitching is why they are done and probably won't even challange for a wild card. I would love to see them have another playoff series with the sox. The last one was fantastick, even better then the sox's world series win. When they are both playing well the best game in baseball is sox/yanks, even reg season

FRITOLAYGUY

and I just enjoy a little poking at yankee fans. Why, just look at this thread, They go on a short tear against the NL aka AAA and because they have won an ungodly amount of world series they

3. will just turn it on on thier schedule and blow past not only the 5 teams ahead of them for the wildcard but the team with the best record in baseball for the division

Now lets look at the Yanks

Offense - very good - one of the best in the league with 2 negatives Giambi off the juice is not producing and maybe out for the year anyway and Damon who's big offense has allways been speed has bum wheels.

Defense Jeter - one of the best current if not all time
Matsui- very good
Posada - very good
Mientkiewicz excellent defense week offense oops on DL
A-rod - week
Damon the statement looks like jesus throws like mary is pretty accurate

Starters

Wang is doing quite well
Petite and Mussina are not having good years
Clemens is YTBD but he has only been a 5 or 6 inning pitcher the last few years and then on to the bullpen

Bullpen - beside Rivera who is at the end of a great carreer but isn't the pitcher he was even a couple of years ago. Who is in there

Thus pitching is why they are done and probably won't even challange for a wild card. I would love to see them have another playoff series with the sox. The last one was fantastick, even better then the sox's world series win. When they are both playing well the best game in baseball is sox/yanks, even reg season

Hey to say they will win the AL east will be hard but i still dont count them out yet, if its 10games on August 15th then i will, but to say they are out of the wildcard race , cmon, Detroit and Cleveland have tons of games left with eachother, they will just beating eachother, what im saying is if they have 10games left and go 5-5 against eachother and the yanks go 8-2 during that time they make on 3 games on whoever is in the Wild card lead. Seattle, forget it, Minnesota, well they have a great pitcher and have been there before but im not sold on them, Oakland well they are so so. I see the yankees only having to overtake 1 team, cleveland or Detroit not 5!

JimG.

Staff member
The rockies are turning there season around. They are young and starting to figure out that they are good. That said, With our payroll we have to hit the ball. Screw our bullpen get some runs.

If we loose a game when we score 7 then I will get after the pitching.

I agree 1 run a game is not acceptable.

But they've been so hot lately and the odds are the odds...they aren't going to have a team .350 average even if they're paid like they should.

So, when you only score a run a game you need a shut-out to win. Which I know is also unrealistic.

JimG.

Staff member

You're forgetting something...when you're 10 games out you have nothing to lose and you have even less to root for.

I hope it crossed your mind that all we have left is poking some fun at Bosox fans who might actually take all that trash talk seriously.

Cause I don't think like what you wrote. Without the other teams to beat, the Yanks couldn't be the be all and end all of baseball.

FRITOLAYGUY

I got bored and thought this would be fun,, lets see where the redsox and yankees were in the standings for this date for the last 5yrs starting with 2002

Boston 45 25 .616 - 17-15 28-10 376 264 Lost 1 5-5
NY Yankees 45 28 .608 1.5 22-14 23-14 414 312 Lost 2 5-5
NY Yankees 43 29 .573 - 20-17 23-12 399 313 Won 4 8-2
Toronto 42 32 .560 2 19-15 23-17 457 394 Lost 1 8-2
Boston 41 31 .539 2 22-11 19-20 437 391 Lost 2 6-4
NY Yankees 43 24 .632 - 23-9 20-15 361 317 Lost 1 6-4
Boston 39 29 .542 4.5 22-11 17-18 364 320 Lost 2 5-5
Baltimore 42 28 .600 - 22-15 20-13 367 314 Won 1 6-4
Boston 40 30 .571 2 22-10 18-20 389 339 Won 3 8-2
NY Yankees 37 33 .529 5 23-14 14-19 385 345 Won 1 8-2
Boston 42 28 .600 - 21-10 21-18 382 344 Won 6 6-4
NY Yankees 40 30 .571 2 20-14 20-16 404 332 Won 2 5-5
Boston 46 25 .648 - 23-12 23-13 367 279 Won 2 6-4
NY Yankees 35 34 .507 10 20-14 15-20 381 316 Lost 2 7-3

tree_skier

Frito you must have more time on your hands then I do. It's amazing the consitancy. The only 2 blips is the O's in 05 and the Yanks this year

FRITOLAYGUY

well im off this week, just hanging out at home, be in boston all weekend for a wedding. Well im watching the Rocket warm up, its 94today in Denver , shall be interesting

JimG.

Staff member
well im off this week, just hanging out at home, be in boston all weekend for a wedding. Well im watching the Rocket warm up, its 94today in Denver , shall be interesting

I hope he goes long enough to sweat off some of that fat.

Clemens will win some games.

FRITOLAYGUY

Hmmm Jeter just worked a real good walk, gets on first, tries stealing decides after 5 steps he wont make it, just got caught in a run down, that pretty much sums up the yankees road trip so far.

FRITOLAYGUY

Oh yeah, Phil looked like a blimp at the Open...played like one too with the inflated scores.

and he looks a little winded today, 91mph was the fastest for him, cant get above that, hes kinda bright red and looks a little out of it but made it thru the 1st.