• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mt. Liberty and Mt. Flume Sat., Sept. 4th

N

NH_Mtn_Hiker

On Sept. 4th I will be bagging the last 2 of the 48 NH 4000 footers (Flume and Liberty). The route is up for discussion, ideas welcome.

Everyone capable is invited. This will be approx. a 12 mile, 3700' elev. gain hike depending on the route chosen. The meeting place and exact time (8:00ish) will be determined after the route is chosen.

Hope to see you there.

MichaelJ

Website
www.saletnik.org
I won't be there - I'll be on the Wildcats. However, if you can do the car spotting I highly recommend going up the Osseo Trail, over the summits, and down Liberty Spring. We did that on January 4th and it was a fine route, very easy and accomodating to anyone who wants to join you.

Congratulations!!!

MichaelJ

Website
www.saletnik.org
You will note I did not mention the Whitehouse Trail in my comment...
:)

However, that does remind me ... stay on the bike path. After a ways (past the no-trespassing signs on the left that lead towards a different road), on the right you'll see open space through the vegetation and a small beaten path. That's the parking lot. Much nicer than following the trail.

SilentCal

Sorry can't join you, but there are quite a few people that will be clinching their 48 in September. Good peaks to finish on. You won't be sorry!