• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Write a review of your equiptment

B

BC Skier

Hi all,

I would like to engage "you", the readers of this forum in a dialog about equiptment. I personally would like to learn what back country equiptment you are using today, even if its ten years old and you still love it.

Myself, I just purchased Scarpa Laser boots, Diamir Fristchi Titanal 2 bindings and Hagan Skis. I purchased all my equiptment from www.thinkmountain.com. Check them out - you can save some serious cash. The boots list for $264 plus 35 dollars for shipping. Thats over 100 Dollar savings from anything I've seen in the US.

Scarpa Laser Boots: Awesome! After hiking through 5 - 8 inches of water, mud and wet snow my feet were absolutely dry. Once I locked into my bindings and headed downward I was surprised by their comfort. I experienced no pain in my shins and calves. In my downhill boots I would be aching for 4 or 5 runs. I purchased size 10US/9 UK and I thought they were a bit tight. I thought about getting a larger size, but after following the advice of Fernando, a great sales guy, I kept them. After only an hour or so of hiking in them they fit like a glove. These are great boots!

Diamir Fristchi Titanal 2 bindings: Rock Solid! That's how I felt when I locked into them. I did not get to use the bindings in tour mode but look forward to some ascents in them next year. I took me a few tries to get my boots locked in tight. I have confidence that after a few more tries next season this will become second nature. I was very happy with these bindings.

Hagan Tour easy skiies: A great value for the ski! These skiis performed well carving turns in 3 - 4 inches of soft corn. I still have alot of skiing on them before I can give you a true review of their performance. I can't what till next year. Wish I could head to New Zealand - Winter is just starting over there.

Please submit your reviews, I'm sure we could all learn something new.

Kevin Farrar