• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

So How Good of a Driver Are You....Really?

thetrailboss

Staff member
Am I the only one so far that has answered all the test questions correctly? You "Stupid" drivers :-D

Impressive!

but Maine roads are becoming more like driving in Boston. Marc do you really have a valid driver license? ;-)

I think they let him out on the roads to terrorize folks every now and then....it is a scary sight.

thetrailboss

Staff member
That's because in the summer most of the cars in Maine ARE from Boston! Especially if you live in Kittery...:wink: The zillions of time I have driven up I95, Kittery to me is a big white gas storage tank with a big red lobster painted on it. Kittery is even before the Welcome to Maine sign. :wink:

:lol:

Just love that tank. Mass might as well annex the portion of land from Portland to Kittery any way....

ski_resort_observer

Website
www.firstlightphotographics.com
Ever since Gulianni and Bloomberg Manhattan is like Disney North...All the dark alleys have since moved to Brooklyn, Jersey City and Newark.

I was going to say that but I'm trying to respect the "no politics" rule...:wink:

the gas storage tank you mentioned is actually BOC air separation facility
Years ago I told the kids it was full of lobsta chowdah....:lol:

Last edited:

snoseek

The gas storage tank you mentioned is actually BOC air separation facility ..all petroleum products are stored on the other side of the river in Portsmouth. I almost don't notice the tank anymore on my way home. I am too busy trying to avoid all the stupid drivers trying to make my exit. ;-)

i used to live on the river right across from those tanks. man did 95 roar with cars on the holiday weekends. got pretty used to the noise (being just the 2nd dock from the bridge) but the jumpers were another story.

Skier75

Okay, so I've never been very good on tests, but I'd like to think I'm a pretty good driver....I've been called a Mammie, because of a vechicle I used to own and the type of vechicle I prefer which is a 4dr sedan. I've changed my ways though, just bought an AWD Subaru. Still I stay at the speed limit or 5 miles over, so I don't get a speeding ticket, I'm sure I piss people off that way, but if they want a speeding ticket I say more power to them. I've had my time, when I was in my 20's, I was a bad girl and got my fair share of tickets for various things, which one was speeding. I ended up having to take defensive driving because of some of those tickets, so now I behave myself and act my age.....wait what is my age???? ;) Only accidents I've been in was someone else driving or someone had hit me. Okay I'll shut up now so I don't jinx myself.

Anyways, I got an 80 on the test. Messed up on the question about the crosswalk, signaling timing, following safe distance, and the steady yellow light. I thought you was supposed to go like hell before the light changes to red...... ;) JK. No the crosswalk thing, I think was kinda stupid, isn't the ped supposed to cross at a crosswalk or it'd be there fault? Anyway, couldn't remember exactly the timing thing or safe distance, been awhile since I've had my license and the yellow light gimmie a break, that was a very good choice between preparing to stop or stopping if it's safe to do so....that was a toss up, if you ask me....

Greg

Staff member
75% But in my defense, some of the answers were what I thought was right, not what my gut was telling me. Should have followed my gut.

bill2ski

not political comment at all. it's a fact that times square is not the seedy haven for fake id's it used to be. 8)

Not that Canal St. can't compete in the seedy department, as long as you speak the language.

bill2ski

Oh yea ! I got a 95 on the test.
I've driven more miles in reverse than most will ever drive in forward. Trust me when I say drivers in the northeast are more capable due to the extreme conditions we are sujected to. But we also rank high as the rudest drivers on the road. Try driving cross country and you'll see what I mean. I've been flipped off, flashed, cut off and break jobbed more at home than anywhere I travel to.

smitty77

Website
hotmix77.tripod.com
No the crosswalk thing, I think was kinda stupid, isn't the ped supposed to cross at a crosswalk or it'd be there fault?
Someone else said it earlier, but they were right on. Even if the pedestian was jay-walking, if you him him/her, you're at fault. Same thing about getting rear-ended while letting somone cross. The person that hit you will be at fault. I also drive like everyone is out to hit me, but I drive with the rules of the road in mind first. I've driven over 250,000 miles for my company alone in the last 5 years, and not so much as one speeding ticket - knock on wood. One written warning on my own time for doing 35 in a 25 in downtown Fitchburg, MA. Me and the six other joes infront of and behind me. Stupid speed trap.

Of course I did rear-end someone in the wifes car two year ago. :oops:
In the end I won my insurance appeal because the state deemed I was not more than 50% at fault. Me for "following too close" (cited), but her for stopping suddenly when a sheet of snow and ice slid onto her winshield (cited for impeeded operation of vehicle). She panicked, stopped in the middle of a yield turn, and I ran into her. Damage to her car was just over $600. Damage to the wife's car was $0 :cool:

BTW, I scored a 95%. Got question 8 wrong as I wasn't so sure it's "legal" to pass on the right, In most New England states the signs say "Keep right except to pass".