• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Hurricane Frances

skijay

I am glad I decided no to go to Sarasota this weekend. I reserved a seat to Tampa but backed out. After seeing that the entire state could be affected if it makes landfall and moves inland, I do not want to be there for this one.

I heard on the radio already that this could effect our weather on Tuesday or Wednesday. How can they say that if they do not even know where it is going to make landfall or it's path????

Greg

Staff member
My uncle owns, uh, I mean owned a home in Punta Gorda. It was destroyed by Hurrican Charley. They're lucky that they have a summer home in Maine and they were up north during the storm. I feel for the Floridians awaiting Frances.

skijay said:
I heard on the radio already that this could effect our weather on Tuesday or Wednesday. How can they say that if they do not even know where it is going to make landfall or it's path????
Typically when tropical systems make landfall on the East Coast, if they don't swing out to sea, we will feel some effect as the Jet Stream steers the remains North; probably heavy rains and some gusts.

thetrailboss

Staff member
If they keep getting hurricanes, there will be nothing left by the time the elections come around in November :lol:

:( In all seriousness, hopefully those who were impacted by Charley are recovering and those who are in the path of this next storm are taking the proper precautions and moving out.

smitty77

Website
hotmix77.tripod.com
Greg said:
My uncle owns, uh, I mean owned a home in Punta Gorda. It was destroyed by Hurrican Charley. They're lucky that they have a summer home in Maine and they were up north during the storm. I feel for the Floridians awaiting Frances.
Sorry to hear about your uncle's home. My in-laws vacation condo is supposed to be in fine shape eventhough it was slammed by Charley. I just booked airline tix for early October to spend some time in the surf and sun with them, but I'm a little leary with all of this major hurricane activity. Could they get three biggies this year????