• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Tuckerman Ravine 05/27/07

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
Location Tuckerman Ravine, NH
Date 5/27/2007
ConditionsCorn snow with some rocks poking through and many crevices opening up
Weather Cloudy, in the upper 40s followed by rain.
Had to check out Tuckerman Ravine one more time this year. A lot of snow has disappeared since the last time we were there which was two weeks ago. This time check out the Right Gully and was only able to get a couple of runs in before it started raining. Here's some pics for now, I'll post a video later.
Shots of the Bowl:
P5270171.JPG

P5270172.JPG

P5270177.JPG

One of many crevices that have popped up:
P5270184.JPG

Skierz going down Right Gully:
P5270190.JPG

P5270191.JPG

P5270192.JPG

Looking across the Bowl:
P5270209.JPG

The climb up Right Gully:
P5270203.JPG

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
And some more pics:

View down Right Gully:
P5270205.JPG

P5270212.JPG

Lunch Rocks, ski patrol told me that when someone falls from here they usually stop at the bottom right corner of Lunch Rocks:
P5270206.JPG

cbcbd

Interesting, Right gully has unbumped since last time I was there.
Nice pics!

snowmonster

I was looking for Chute in the photos and saw those big rocks. I don't remember the rocks on Chute being THAT big. I guess that's what snowmelt does. i'm planning to take a trip to Tux in the middle of summer just to see what the place looks like before it gets all covered up with snow.

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
I was looking for Chute in the photos and saw those big rocks. I don't remember the rocks on Chute being THAT big. I guess that's what snowmelt does. i'm planning to take a trip to Tux in the middle of summer just to see what the place looks like before it gets all covered up with snow.

Let me know when you want to go, maybe we'll join you.

snoseek

wow nice pics. the place melted quite a bit from last thurs. left side was really starting to get sketchy in the middle.

kingslug

Andy...you are really hitting it!!. OK, next season I'm down for sure. Always wanted to hit the place. Long haul but what the hell, great way to extend the season. Maybe I'll try to drag Bean along.

kingslug

And how's your shoulder doing?

No probs, as long as I don't move them certain ways they stay in. BeanoNYC got his operated on last month, same prob. Can't believe how long you have extended this season, especialy since you're from NJ. Definitely going to hit VT more next season. You have proven it can be done no matter what!

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
No probs, as long as I don't move them certain ways they stay in. BeanoNYC got his operated on last month, same prob. Can't believe how long you have extended this season, especialy since you're from NJ. Definitely going to hit VT more next season. You have proven it can be done no matter what!

The Memorial day skiing at K wasn't planned and really just a goof, but Tucks is worth checking out. Next year plan on doing it earlier, like in April.

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
Have to make a long weekend of it.The 20 hour day is killer. Camping out for a few days would be cool.

Yep, my only problem will be talking my wife into it. She's too use to the comforts of life, like bathrooms, running water, and coffee. But I have a whole year to work on her :)