• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

If money were no object . . .

wa-loaf

but you could only get one piece of equipment for next year. What would it be?

I skied a pair of these in the spring and they were awesome:

tigershark.jpg

Volkl TigerShark 12foot power switch. :-D

SkiDog

I hope I dont see any of you who responded "JET" posting anything about how "global warming" is ruining the planet and how we should stop needless consumption of fossil fuels.

How bout "if money were no object" i'd fund alternative fuel sources....????

Just a thought.

;-)

M

cbcbd

If money were no object I wouldn't be sitting here in front of the computer posting on forums... I'd be outside playing...

Hawkshot99

I hope I dont see any of you who responded "JET" posting anything about how "global warming" is ruining the planet and how we should stop needless consumption of fossil fuels.

How bout "if money were no object" i'd fund alternative fuel sources....????

Just a thought.

;-)

M

You wont hear me complaining.....Ill be too busy in my jet:-D

Realistically, the Volkl Tigershark 12' was on the list, but they're not going to make the 182...so 175 will be the longest...its great for me on groomers and moderate crud, but a little too short when it gets deeper or soupy. So probably a 184 Mantra...need something shorter in the quiver for the woods...the 189 Seth Pistols are a bit much in the NE trees.
In fantasyland, i'd buy H20 Adventures in AK...why bother with a simple little resort when you can have hundreds of thousands of acres at your disposal. Figure out an alternative fuel source for the A Stars too.

bill2ski

If money were no object,

Convert Lost Valley in Auburn,Maine to a year round snowsport park complete with terraglide for the summer ride and open it to the public, free of charge to kid's >15
Charge 12 bucks for a cheeseburger and fries so they feel like they are at a resort and allow them to tag everything in sight with a complimentary can of spray paint so the snobs will steer clear of the place for fear of someone using their SUV like a picnic table.

OR
I'd buy a pair of 184 STOCKLI stormrider xl

Greg

Staff member

wa-loaf

Apply the Altrec 10% discount and you can grab these for ~$1080:

http://www.altrec.com/shop/detail/31821/

Still a pretty expensive rig, but with the discount, that's the cheapest price online right now...

Uh yea, still way too much and I've been rethinking what I want my next pair of skis to be. And that won't until next year, gotta stick with what I have for now.

Trying to push a little business towards your partners . . . ? ;-)

Greg

Staff member
Trying to push a little business towards your partners . . . ? ;-)

Of course! ;)

I'm just in gear mode lately. Picked up the AC3s all freshly tuned from the shop. Also discovered they mismounted my Cabrawlers so I had them reorder a new pair. They were cool about the F-up. Also getting my daughter's new 80 cm Rossi Fun Girls all mounted up too. Almost ready!!! :spread:

wa-loaf

I'm just in gear mode lately. Picked up the AC3s all freshly tuned from the shop.

Boots and tuning equipment have been my thing this year. I also just got a backpack/hydration pack from SAC. Just need a little more wax and I'm all set. And maybe some extra shims to increase the angle on my file guide, and my ski jacket is getting kinda worn . . . Ah crap! Must buy more stuff! :grin:

I need alot more than one piece of equipment for this season...but after buying all the gear I need for the season...I'd add a pair of Pontoons to the quiver...then I'd be up to 7 pairs of skis...Holla