• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Summer is over

N

NH_Mtn_Hiker

I start back to college this morning full time, so summer is over for me. I do think I made pretty good use of the summer though. I bagged all 48 NH 4000 footers, many more than once and even bagged a bunch of smaller peaks just for the heck of it and I managed to knock 2 1/2 inches off my waist in the process.

The best part of the summer though was all the new hiking partners/friends I found along the way. :D It wouldn't have been near as much fun hiking without great people to share it with.

Now, how should I spent my spare time this fall....I know, HIKING!! :lol:

See you on the trails,
Bob

Stephen

Website
www.dunhom.com
I'm utterly disappointed that I didn't get to hike much this year. I hiked the Franconia loop (second time) with Greg back in June, and that was it.

For Flags on the 48 I plan on hiking Eisenhower and Pierce, but that will be it for me. :(

-Stephen

Mike P.

NH, Mtn Hiker, congratulations on the waist loss. There is always Thanksgiving, Semester Break, Spring Break & next May.

N

NH_Mtn_Hiker

uphillklimber,
Yes, all 48 this year. I started hiking last year and bagged 11 of them. By the time August rolled around this year, I was up to 30 something peaks and had re-hiked most of the ones I did last year so I decided to do all 48 this year. I started with the Kinsman's in mid May and finished on Flume Sept. 4th. I averaged over 200 miles each trip to the Whites, the owners of the local gas station love me.

Mike P,
I'll still be hiking most weekends so I should be able to keep most of the weight off. I also plan to start winter hiking this year, and I have several hiking partners/friends who still have a ways to go on their lists so I'll just tag along with them while they finish up.

T

trailbiscuit

Don't be disappointed about losing that weight...the beer will put it right back on! :lol: :evil:

Frodo

NH,

Congrats on your new accomplishment! And I wouldn't worry about your waistline. Once you start winter hiking, you will likely soon finding yourself only hiking in the summer just to stay in shape for the winter... :D