• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

My last day (probably) at Mt. Ellen - 6/12

BushMogulMaster

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
I was riding my bike around the bottom of Sunny D yesterday, and I realized that there was still a decent pile of snow left up there. So, naturally, I had to ski it today. Probably took 20 or so "runs" on it. Definitely fun! Check it out:

Preparing for the unbearable ascent of approximately 300 vertical feet to the middle of Riemergasse:

hike.jpg

There's my little hump of snow:

hump.jpg

And when I was done, I left behind a single little mogul:

mogul.jpg

And a mess at the bottom of the "run:"

aftermath.jpg

Not bad for June 12th. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's probably the only skiable snow left in Vermont. And it's probably skiable for at least another week! :D

Make that 111 days... a good number to end on! :D :D :D

nycskier

Wow. I think I have more snow piled up in my freezer!

I got to tip my hat to you for skiing that little mogul!!!!

wa-loaf

Why'd you stop? You could have done laps all day on that! :wink:

BushMogulMaster

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
It was so much fun, I'm going to do it again tomorrow! My brother is coming up on Thursday or Friday, and if it's still there, we'll both go ski it! :D

snoseek

It was so much fun, I'm going to do it again tomorrow! My brother is coming up on Thursday or Friday, and if it's still there, we'll both go ski it! :D

this is some serious dedication. i for one am very impressed.

snowmonster

Make that 111 days... a good number to end on! :D :D :D

In cricket, a score of 111 is called a Nelson. When a team batting hits 111, the umpire has to hop around on one leg until that team scores again to break the Nelson. A Nelson is not considered a good thing in cricket so I suggest you go for your 112th day on that slab pronto -- because I am not hopping around on one leg until you do!