• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sugarbush AlpineZone Day: Friday, 3/21/08

Does Good Friday, March 21, 2008, work for you?

• Yes

Votes: 33 64.7%
  • No

Votes: 5 9.8%
  • Not sure

Votes: 13 25.5%

• Total voters

Greg

Staff member
So I guess the wife and I won't be waiting up for you to have a late night cocktail. :)

Nope. I'll catch you in the morning. For breakfast, not a cocktail. ;)

Greg

Staff member
Bloody Mary's?

Mimosas? ;) No, thanks. I actually make a pretty killer Bloody Mary though.

Coffee and Melinda's breakfast will suit me just fine. I'd imagine that by that point next season, you'll be ready for some of MRG's offerings, Chris.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
I might actually leave the house Wednesday evening, ski Sundown that night, head straight up to the Golden Lion from Sundown, crash, ski MRG on Thursday, crash, ski Sugarbush Friday, go home.
You are a crazy man. :beer:

I can't bring myself to leave the little one behind. So it looks like I'll be watching the kids while everyone has fun. Unless Brian can tear himself away to watch them for a few runs... Though I am NOT going to sit in the lodge all day with a 10 month old and nearly 3 year old. :eek: No way, no how!

Brian - You really do need to make those reservations.... :snow:

Greg

Staff member
Though I am NOT going to sit in the lodge all day with a 10 month old and nearly 3 year old. :eek: No way, no how!

The Gatehouse Lodge is pretty nice though!

;)

wa-loaf

We can only get my sister in law to watch the kids Thursday night. So It looks like I'm going to be up then and just ski on Friday. Still need to make reservations for that night.

madskier6

If I can talk wifey into skiing MRG on Thursday we will join you. If she doesn't feel comfy we will ski Da Bush on Thursday. Friday is obviously a Bush day. We are staying Friday night so we might try to squeeze in a half day on Saturday at the Bush or somewhere on the ride home.

In my opinion, there is plenty of fun terrain at MRG for your wife, even though I have no idea what kind of a skier she is. I've skied with my wife and children at MRG numerous times and there are plenty of blue square cruisers for her (and you) to enjoy. Don't be intimidated by the "Ski it if you Can" slogan. My wife has never skied the real tough stuff at MRG & has always enjoyed herself. IMHO you owe it to yourselves to experience MRG when you're up there. Riding the Single chair (even the new one) is a must do experience.

Greg

Staff member
Riding the Single chair (even the new one) is a must do experience.

Agreed! Look how much fun this dude is having:

IMG_2548.jpg

I still love that pic.

Grassi21

In my opinion, there is plenty of fun terrain at MRG for your wife, even though I have no idea what kind of a skier she is. I've skied with my wife and children at MRG numerous times and there are plenty of blue square cruisers for her (and you) to enjoy. Don't be intimidated by the "Ski it if you Can" slogan. My wife has never skied the real tough stuff at MRG & has always enjoyed herself. IMHO you owe it to yourselves to experience MRG when you're up there. Riding the Single chair (even the new one) is a must do experience.

I agree with you. She is probably a low intermediate and would be higher if she didn't take last season of while prego. I hope to get her out 10 - 15 days before this trip so its doable. Looks like there are some blues off the single and plenty off the other lifts. I didn't get chance to ride the old singe. This trip would be my only chance to ride the new single in its debut season. :snow:

bvibert

Staff member
I agree with you. She is probably a low intermediate and would be higher if she didn't take last season of while prego. I hope to get her out 10 - 15 days before this trip so its doable. Looks like there are some blues off the single and plenty off the other lifts. I didn't get chance to ride the old singe. This trip would be my only chance to ride the new single in its debut season. :snow:

My wife also had a blast at MRG in her first season skiing. Assuming there's stuff open off the double there'll be plenty to keep her occupied.

2knees

so i wanted to throw this out there. Who is going to take us to church on friday?

nelsapbm

I'm markin it down on the calendar...I may meet you guys over there for one day (that is if you don't mine a "crasher" from NELSAP/SJ) ;) ;)

2knees

Ummm.... From what I've heard; the Castlerock Double?

Ummm, i'd like to have someone with a little experience show the way. Not just go willy nilly off into the woods.

But if you want to volunteer to lead the way and find the best line, be my guest. :wink:

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
The Gatehouse Lodge is pretty nice though!

;)
Not nice enough to sit in all day with 2 crazy kids.

I better start saving pennies. Maybe we can get them in for 1/2 day childcare so I can ski a bit. Or at MRG the day before.

And yes, Grassi, your wife should be plenty occupied at MRG. We went in...April, I think? of 2004. Birdland wasn't open but I was able to get over there just fine from the halfway point on the single or the double that was running that day. Brian and I parted ways for a bit and I was fine on my own, too. My avatar is actually from that day. We had a Ski The Valley 3-day pass and I actually chose to go back to MRG on the 3rd day instead of Sugarbush.

Zand

Have to bring this back... just a little over 2 months to go! I'll be in VT something like 4 months straight when that point rolls around... Okemo the 7th, Stowe the 15th-16th, MRV the 20th-22nd, and possibly Killington for BMMC.

That said, lets start snow dancing to get MRV in awesome shape.