• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sugarbush AlpineZone Day: Friday, 3/21/08

Does Good Friday, March 21, 2008, work for you?

• Yes

Votes: 33 64.7%
  • No

Votes: 5 9.8%
  • Not sure

Votes: 13 25.5%

• Total voters

Greg

Staff member
The first weekend of March is my time to go to the MRV. Those who have been there at that time know what I mean.

I'm down.

I'll probably be there again in early March also, but doing the family thing. I am game for any time though. Mid-February sounds good to me too.

bvibert

Staff member
The first weekend of March is my time to go to the MRV. Those who have been there at that time know what I mean.

I'm down.

I vote for scheduling it around when Jim will be up there making it dump snow, err I mean up there skiing...

Zand

Just a note, Good Friday is the 3rd or 4th Friday in March this year... that might be a good option to get more people to show up on a Friday.

Greg

Staff member
Just a note, Good Friday is the 3rd or 4th Friday in March this year... that might be a good option to get more people to show up on a Friday.

Great point. March 21 to be exact. I'll be skiing somewhere that day so SB sounds good to me. Good Friday this past season was after a 14" dump at MRG. Maybe a repeat?! :)

So, Win. Sounds like there's some interest, eh?

Greg

Staff member
A friday I would come. Weekends are not realistic for me. Nice idea. I think a weekend would work the best for the group, just numbers wise.

Well, let's not forget that the largest AZ gathering to date, Hunter - 12/15/06, was held on a Friday. 16 AZers + friends = 22!

Grassi21

I love how a thread started today about a potential gathering next year already has 30 posts.

Vortex

The Cannon ones have had equal attendance on Friday and Sat. I just think Sugarbush is a longer ride for some folks. The combined ones we have done with the River crew have had well over 30 each time. I think drive time is an issue.

Great to have mountain support for this. I have yet to see a mountain come forth and try and set something like this us up. Very classy and impressive. Hard to say no under those circumstances.

Greg

Staff member
I just think Sugarbush is a longer ride for some folks....I think drive time is an issue.

For some, sure. Cannon for me is 4:15 at best. LP at SB is about the same. Either way I'll need to stay overnight for this one and I'll probably leave the evening before after work, and then probably make the return trip home after skiing the next whether it's a Friday or Saturday.

Great to have mountain support for this. I have yet to see a mountain come forth and try and set something like this us up. Very classy and impressive. Hard to say no under those circumstances.

Agreed.

Mikey1

I would definitely be interested, any day of the week is fine with me. Have only been there a couple of times, but think it is a great mountain!

Goblin84

i am game, my brother just moved to VT so i'll probably be skiing up there a little more, its nice when you dont have to drive back to NH. but just let me know, i would probably drag along a few non-AZ stragglers too.

BushMogulMaster

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
If I'm in town, of course I'm in. But I'll probably be working at a ski area in CO next year while I'm in school, so the chances of getting a couple days to come back home to ski at the Bush are, unfortunately, pretty slim. But you never know...

Terry

Just talked to my wife. You name the date and we both will be there. We will plan at least 1 overnight, maybe 2. You got me all excited to ski a new area this season already! Any time in March should be ok with us as long as we can plan ahead of time. It will be fun.

Greg

Staff member
I love how a thread started today about a potential gathering next year already has 30 posts.

Yeah, and on a 80+ degree day at the end of June, no less. We're all a little sick, I think...