• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Pats vs. Cardinals

SilentCal

Gee,with ten days off between games I think the Pats will come out strong. I hope Kevin Faulk is able to play. Our backfield will be so much more dangerous. I say Pats 38 Cardinals 10

ChileMass

Cal -

I want to agree with you but something is telling me this one could be closer than it looks. Why am I thinking about the Texans game in Houston last year when the Pats had to rally from 10 points down in the 4th to squeak out a win?

The Pats rarely crush any team, especially on the road, and especially early in the season. It will be about 110*F on the field, which may slow down the Pats down considerably. On the plus side, the Cards have no defense to speak of, and their offense features Emmitt Smith, who has to be about 55 years old by now. Their QB is somebody named Josh McCown, who will be starting his 5th NFL game on Sunday vs the 2-time Super Bowl champs.

OK, OK, the Pats will probably cover if the spread is 7 or 8 points, but if it's over 10, take the Cards to cover, even though the Pats will squeak out a low-scoring, ugly road win. Hey - a win is a win.....

Prediction - Pats 17, Cards 10. :dunce:

Jaytrek57

The spread now is 8. I won't go into details but you could tease that down a bit and then bet the Patriot's to cover.

Even at 8 I would bet the house for the Patriot's to cover. Arizona is awful.

I would however bet the under at 41, just for the simple reason Arizona can not score.

Patriots 28 Arizona 10

jwind

Never do i get a good feeling before a Pats game... After all this is the team that wins games by the narrowest margins in all of the NFL.

Thats why we love 'em though

Charlie Schuessler

uphillklimber said:
I got a bad feeling about this one. The pats lost twice last year, once to the lowly Bills and the other loss was to another losing team, I can't remember which one. But they should have been able to beat those teams and didn't. This one may catch them sleepwalking.....

Washington Redskins....

Dennis Green is a MOTIVATOR, he will use his skills to get the Cardinals to play up to thier potential....which may be good enough to win in the heat of the desert…

ChileMass

Charlie/Bob -

Don't you love the fact that we have to think back really hard to remember the only 2 losses of last year.....? Another cool thing is that after the Pats beat the Cards this week for 17 in a row, they will then play the Dolphins in 2 weeks to try to tie their NFL record of 18 wins in a row.......

Jim W

Do we have a bye week coming up already?
Or did you miscalculate?

pedxing

The bye week is way too early this year. It may make it harder to get on track early and won't allow a break when da Pats need some healing and rest.

ChileMass

Jim W said:
Do we have a bye week coming up already?
Or did you miscalculate?

Bye week is certainly way too early this year - this week vs Arizona, week 3 the Pats are off and then have Miami at home the week after.....

MtnMagic

We're in the 4th quarter 20-12. Naturally the Pat's are winning. (What else did you expect) except finger sized chunks of ice falling upon thou heads this day in the Whites. It surely happened to us!!!

Charlie Schuessler

Bill took his Boys to the desert to run the ball and man they did!

I hope Dillon can run like this all season. The front line seems to be able to perform extremely well with his explosive quickness.

Play against Drew in Buffalo in two weeks then Miami. I trust Bill and his Boys will be ready.

jwind

I still can't get quite grasp the fact the Pats actually have a running game this year... How long has it been?

smitty77

Website
hotmix77.tripod.com
I think Harrison and Law are going to have a tough time adjusting to the enforement of the "no contact after 5" rule. Against a better offense those penalties would have really hurt. The offside on Dillon's touchdown is another metal mistake, as was the one on 4th and 2.

On the bright side... Is it me, or has Brady really improved is imtermediate and long throws? Some of those 20+ passes to Givens and Patten were Marino-like in spin and placement. Besides Dillon, I think that is what will put the Pats on top this year. The ability to spark the offense when they go 5 wide and actually connect for 30+ yards. Damn those recievers are speedy. When you're on the ropes a big play like that can really boost morale, and change field position.

Dillon will help in those tight games where they need to keep moving the chains to give the D a rest. Lets hope he stays healthy and Faulk can heal that knee.

GO PATS!!

ChileMass

Brady looked great. Dillon ran the ball very well. David Givens had a big game. The D smothered the Cards kid QB (how many passes got swatted down - 8?). The Cards D did a good job of pressuring Brady, and most teams (even lousy ones) play relatively well at home. I thought this game would be close and it was for about 3 quarters. The Pats made the Cards look bad in the 4th.

Bummer - 2 weeks with no Pats and we have to watch the Sox.......

Jaytrek57

Not only are they going 5 wide...they are doing this with 2 tight ends! Basically unheard of in football. Defences are unlikely to blitz b/c of all the options and quick thinking of Brady. If they don't blitz, Brady can/will go deep...very exciting.

I for one think the bye week coming this early for the Pats is a good thing. Also the record will help keep them focused so the so-called, "trap" games should be avoided. BTW...I hate the phrase, "trap" game.

Dillon has been exceptional...not so much what we has been doing physically which has been great...but watch him after plays...he is encouraging to his teammates, upbeat and positive. Certainly not the "troublemaker" we've been reading about.

Go Pats!
(need a football emoticon!)