• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Be totally honest...

JimG.

Staff member
I hear ya.
My girl doesn't like talking kids/marriage... sometimes I will talk about what we should name our kids... and she freaks out - it's great! :D

Once after one of these jokes and her freaking out I said - "C'mon, just look at my past relationships and me running away from commitment on every one of them - do you really think you have to worry about me popping out a ring?"

She immediately gave me a big hug and a kiss - Lol, I found a good one :D

You don't know it yet, but she's got you right where she wants you.

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
JimG.: Friendly, good natured skier, or guy that stands on a street corner in NYC with other hobos holding a sign that reads "THE END IS NEAR"?

You decide.

Greg

Staff member
So you know, this is going on my ever lengthening list of why I don't ever want kids.

Marc, first you need to move on to intimate contact with a human woman. Then you can consider kids. Sorry bud, I couldn't resist that window for comedic relief.

Seriously, I've been seeing a great girl for 7 months now. The topic of children as never come up. Hope it never does. Just thinking about it feels like someone squeezing my neck until I can't breathe anymore.

It will.

Guaranteed.

That has never stoped me from hoping.

I hear ya.
My girl doesn't like talking kids/marriage... sometimes I will talk about what we should name our kids... and she freaks out - it's great! :D

Once after one of these jokes and her freaking out I said - "C'mon, just look at my past relationships and me running away from commitment on every one of them - do you really think you have to worry about me popping out a ring?"

She immediately gave me a big hug and a kiss - Lol, I found a good one :D

You don't know it yet, but she's got you right where she wants you.

You 20-somethings are funny. Raising kids is the hardest thing you will ever do, no doubt. A lot of things invariably change. For once in your life you can't come first. All the other things that go along with it (diapers, sleep deprivation, personal life limitations, stress, etc.) sound pretty sucky. Nevertheless, raising my two daughters has been the most rewarding thing I've ever done and I would never give them up to have the freedom of a kid-free life back. No effin way. I guess my point is it's not a negative and certainly don't feel sorry for us parents. Not many of us are going to leave behind any sort of legacy when we leave this world, except for our kids.

Grassi21

JimG.: Friendly, good natured skier, or guy that stands on a street corner in NYC with other hobos holding a sign that reads "THE END IS NEAR"?

You decide.

a little from column A, a little from column B. ;-)

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
You 20-somethings are funny. Raising kids is the hardest thing you will ever do, no doubt. A lot of things invariably change. For once in your life you can't come first. All the other things that go along with it (diapers, sleep deprivation, personal life limitations, stress, etc.) sound pretty sucky. Nevertheless, raising my two daughters has been the most rewarding thing I've ever done and I would never give them up to have the freedom of a kid-free life back. No effin way. I guess my point is it's not a negative and certainly don't feel sorry for us parents. Not many of us are going to leave behind any sort of legacy when we leave this world, except for our kids.

I don't come first when I'm on a call for the FD. Most of the time I don't put me first, but not constantly.

Poor guy. The parenting chemicals have gone to his head. Not surprising. I guess they're supposed to do that.

Still, I've never wanted to leave a legacy, and besides, the world is damn crowded enough already.

Greg

Staff member
Poor guy. The parenting chemicals have gone to his head. Not surprising. I guess they're supposed to do that.

Hardly.

I guess you can just continue to feel sorry for me for having to "suffer" through life raising my kids, while I'll feel sorry for you for not having to...

Last edited:

cbcbd

I don't feel bad for people with kids or those without. Hey, do whatever makes you happy and I'll be happy for you.
I'm sure I'll have kids someday and I'll love it... just not right now or whenever my parents would like me to :)

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
Hardly.

I guess you can just continue to feel sorry for me for having to "suffer" through life raising my kids, while I'll feel sorry for you for not having to...

I don't feel sorry for anyone. Just ask some of the patients I've treated :D

ctenidae

I'm 100% against having kids. Right now.
Sometime in the future, sure, maybe. But not now.
At the least, I want to wait until my brother's broods are old enough to not need all their stuff.

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
Amazing how quickly a hijack can occur. I'm thinking about setting up an AZ strike team, for emergency use only. Who wants in?

drjeff

To try and re-direct the thread back to the starting topic, here's my answer ;)

If I'm out golfing, I don't mind the heat and humidity at all. Sitting at the beach, not a bad thing either(especially since this heat tneds to bring more "scenery" to the beach :) )

Just working in the office in the A/C all day, then I'd rather it be cooler and ryer just simply so I don't have to listen to just about everyone who comes through the door asking me about the heat!

Excercise wise I don't mind it too much. I usually run in the evenings after the kids goto bed(9PMish), so last nights 5 miles at the track were just at a slower pace and I was a bit sweatier than usual at the end. I just stay hydrated throughout the day and listen to how my body is reacting to the heat.

I also just tell myself that when it's a -30 windchill outside in the winter and I'm on the hill, I don't let mother nature interfere with my outside recreation, so I'm not going to let a heat index over 100 stop me in the summer either!

JimG.

Staff member
If I'm out golfing, I don't mind the heat and humidity at all. Sitting at the beach, not a bad thing either(especially since this heat tneds to bring more "scenery" to the beach :) )

Just working in the office in the A/C all day, then I'd rather it be cooler and ryer just simply so I don't have to listen to just about everyone who comes through the door asking me about the heat!

Excercise wise I don't mind it too much. I usually run in the evenings after the kids goto bed(9PMish), so last nights 5 miles at the track were just at a slower pace and I was a bit sweatier than usual at the end. I just stay hydrated throughout the day and listen to how my body is reacting to the heat.

I also just tell myself that when it's a -30 windchill outside in the winter and I'm on the hill, I don't let mother nature interfere with my outside recreation, so I'm not going to let a heat index over 100 stop me in the summer either!

All very rational. I keep my workouts to early AM or after 9PM myself...it depends on how I feel in the AM.

My problem is that my outside recreation is 80% filled with property maintenance this time of year. Listen, it's good hard work but it's also muddy, dirty, and backbreaking. Most of it is my own compulsiveness about making my part of the world look nice. So, the heat has the additional negative of making the grass grow if you know what I mean.

jack97

I've been seeing a great girl for 7 months now. The topic of children as never come up.

Maybe she's smart and cautious, you know the old saying; " The fruit don’t fall far from the tree". She would have to put up with junior for 18 years :razz:

bvibert

Staff member
My youngest "child" is Marc's age (a girl and 2 boys for me).. now I have 3 small grandsons and it is even better this time around. At least I know a little something about raising kids now.

My father-in-law says he never wanted kids, he just wanted grandkids and having kids was a necessary evil to get them...

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
I just coined a new term: it's the extreme version of batwings, otherwise classified as... DUN DUN DUN...

frilledneck.jpg

Does anyone else's lizard have a frilled neck this fine evening?