• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Truth in Advertising

hammer

Speaking of car advertising(though not limted to cars), I've always loved their gimmick of telling you that they'll beat anyone's price, if they can't you get the car for free! How many cars do you think they've given away because they couldn't beat a price? :)
How about when the big electronics stores offer a price guarantee and then get out of honoring it because they don't sell the same "model number" but instead sell the same item with a store-unique model number?:roll:

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
How about when the big electronics stores offer a price guarantee and then get out of honoring it because they don't sell the same "model number" but instead sell the same item with a store-unique model number?:roll:

Haven't seen much of that, but definetly holds true for mattress stores. None of them seem to have the same model of Sealy, Serta, etc.....

wa-loaf

Or where they have one price on the website and it's more expensive in the store. You get to the store and have the sales guy check the price on the website and they are running (on the sly :angry:) an entirely different site with the store prices. :uzi: Best Buy

I won't shop there anymore. Try to avoid all of those guys if I can.

AHM

Hey Hey Hey, careful dissing Mother Procter

As I understand it the idea of marketing the soap as pure was an afterthought. One of the production guys acidentally started whipping air into the soap. This was at a time when bathing in rivers was common. Sales soared because people didnt lose the soap and subsequently customers demanded more of the floating soap. As indoor plumbing became more popular, bathing in rivers faded away resulting in one of P&Gs best product losing market share.

The story goes that all the big shots got together to brain storm a way to maintain market share. One of the execs said nobody will buy a soap that is full of air. One of the marketing guys chimed in with 'well tell them its pure'. Apparently the purity of all soaps is roughly the same but P&G has held onto a winner for over 100 years with that line.

I could dig the answer up in "Rising Tide" but it was a boring read. P&G's a pretty good company............and they certainly "sponsor" a whole lot of skiers making those big mountain dreams come true...................

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
Perhaps a spanking?
spankthemonkey.gif