• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

#1 Destination for 2007-08?

Greg

Staff member
This season's version of this thread. I again hope to spend a midweek in March in the MRV. There's also a Whiteface guys weekend being discussed. You?

Last edited:

RISkier

We have a 1-week time share in Stowe in January and we plan to go to a yet undetermined destination in March. Most likely destination for March is Utah because it's relatively easy for us to get to and comparatively economical. Other possibilities include, but are not limited to, Big Mountain, Big Sky, and Winter Park. We'd really like to return to Europe but the current exchange rate makes that considerably less attractive.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Every weekend pretty much at Pico. For me, solo trips to Killington.

Some trips to a yet-to-be named mountain(s) for solo trips on another student pass.

Grassi21

We have been tossing around a few ideas. The realistic ones are the Bush/MRG AZ weekend and a 5 or so night stay in VT with a few other couples (Smuggs is a strong favorite with me).

The long shot is Colorado. My friend's fiance is out there and we discussed a nice 2 days of skiing, 1 day of snow shoeing, and an Avalanche game combo. The deciding factor will be the baby (whom we are STILL waiting for). Taking a baby to CO next Feb doesn't sound like a great idea. But if we feel OK leaving the little one with G-parents we might go for it.

Greg

Staff member
Hey, if MRG and AZ will sponsor me, I'll be there! :wink: :lol: :idea:

I already told you that I got you covered one day there to show you what you're missing... ;)

thetrailboss

Staff member
I already told you that I got you covered one day there to show you what you're missing... ;)

That's right! Forgot about that! :D

I will say that for the Burke replacement this season, I have a very difficult decision to make...some good options on the table.

Greg

Staff member
the baby (whom we are STILL waiting for). Taking a baby to CO next Feb doesn't sound like a great idea. But if we feel OK leaving the little one with G-parents we might go for it.

:-o

Take your kids everywhere!

wa-loaf

Wachusett for night skiing and teaching my daughter.

I've got the AZ Sugarbush trip on my calender. And really want to hit The Beast since it's an hour +/- down the road and I've never been. Oh, and Magic too. All easily reached and have great reps (on these boards anyway :))

Grassi21

:-o

Take your kids everywhere!

I agree with you. My concern was the effect of the altitude on a 6-7 month old. My friends fiance is a pediatrician so we have that covered.

I was eyeballing Summit County (ABasin in particular) and Steamboat. I would ask for suggestions but I know there are numerous threads.

nelsapbm

Aside from staying local (Mad River, Bolton, Midd), we'll be heading to Boulder in February for a wedding. We'll most likely head out early and spend a few days in Vail or Summit County. Can't wait!

Greg

Staff member
I will say that for the Burke replacement this season, I have a very difficult decision to make...some good options on the table.

No you don't. Triple Major all the way. What's the other option?

millerm277

Lots of days/short trips around the Northeast, and a week in Tahoe, probably mostly at Heavenly.

skiadikt

k weekends. might try to steal a couple weekends at mrg/bush and stowe. for our western trip, instead of the usual summit county trip we're thinking about hitting up the valhalla powdercats in british columbia for a snowcat trip maybe even heli trip.