• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

ski sale

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
DIN 12 is appropriate binding for most upper intermediate to expert skiers. I run the Look P12s around an 8+ or so without issue (6'1" 210 lbs). Never pre-released with the looks. Definitely a solid binding though harder to click in than the marker equivalent which can be a problem when re-attaching skis in deep snow. The obvious solution is not to fall while skiing powder :) But any ways, unless you really need your DIN at a 10+ the 12s should be fine.

Last edited:

roark

alright, went with the Rossi 120 to extend the ski warranty to 2 yrs.

Now the wife wants some 4 legged creatures and I've got no leverage...:???:

koreshot

Nice. Crank them up to 10 and I bet those B4s will be dead before you have your first pre-release.

Be happy that your wife isn't making the case for some 2 legged creatures. :)

jack97

Just a FYI, I got the rossi scratch 120 and the look px12. They seem like the same design; identical component, shape and mounting holes... just not sure about the internal stuff.

BTW, what type of 4 legged creatures is your wife thinking about?

koreshot

As far as I know the Look Rossi bindings are the same with the exception of minor cosmetic stuff. I would be very surprised if the major internal components are different.

roark

BTW, what type of 4 legged creatures is your wife thinking about?

We already have 2 cats.
Immediately she wants a dog (or 2...) which I have been resisting since we both are typically out of the house for 10-12 hrs/day. Ultimately she wants horses...:roll:

jack97

As far as I know the Look Rossi bindings are the same with the exception of minor cosmetic stuff. I would be very surprised if the major internal components are different.

Same thing.

rossi scratch 120 <==> look px12 but look has them with lifter or a rubber cushion (jib).

does anybody know the look equivalent for the rossi fks?

tree_skier

We already have 2 cats.
Immediately she wants a dog (or 2...) which I have been resisting since we both are typically out of the house for 10-12 hrs/day. Ultimately she wants horses...:roll:

You buying a farm? My daughter would love to come over and ride your horses. I did the dog thing when I was working 10-12 hours a day was not good for the dog.

roark

You buying a farm? My daughter would love to come over and ride your horses. I did the dog thing when I was working 10-12 hours a day was not good for the dog.
Continued hijack...

No, she just wants to turn our 1.5 acres into a farm. I'm all for the veggies, but horses upkeep can be freaking expensive. I don't see it happening soon.

It turns out her work has a dog run, so that might make it a bit better for the dog.

JimG.

Staff member
Continued hijack...

No, she just wants to turn our 1.5 acres into a farm. I'm all for the veggies, but horses upkeep can be freaking expensive. I don't see it happening soon.

It turns out her work has a dog run, so that might make it a bit better for the dog.

Your wife needs 2 kids.

No, I don't mean baby goats (Marc).

I guarantee that'll stop the animal talk, at least until the kids start bugging you.

Grassi21

Yes, but a dog can't do yardwork.

I just got my little yardworker. He still has many years before I can seriously put him to work. Jim, at what age did you put your boys to work in the yard?

tree_skier

my oldest started helping with the yard work this summer. It has been a challenge but he is getting more done. wait untill the dog chews up a ski boot.

JimG.

Staff member
I just got my little yardworker. He still has many years before I can seriously put him to work. Jim, at what age did you put your boys to work in the yard?

When they're little, all they want to do is help you. My 5 year old would walk behind the mower or ride with me all day if I let him. But he doesn't get much done.

Then a funny thing happens...they get to 11 or so and they have no interest in helping anymore. That's about the time I started making David help me out. David is 13 now and Peter is 11 and neither would lift a finger to help, they have to be conscripted. They make a face and mope out of the house to help. But they can do useful work. David can be given a task to do and he'll get it done, and Peter is good at helping out, but I wouldn't give him his own project to do yet.

One of yesterday's high points was when David came out and asked if I needed help. After I recovered and became conscious again, I thanked him and let him off the hook. Then he asked again later and I accepted his help with the clean up stage of the day. We got done quickly and we discussed the merits of teamwork.

All of which he will forget the next time I need help.

So, I guess 10-11 is a good time to get children exposed to doing work.

hammer

I got my oldest to start helping last summer when he was 13 YO...he had a few chances to use the tractor this year and it was exciting for both of us. :roll:

It depends on the yard and the kid, but in my (limited) experience there are the following stages:
  • He/she can use the equipment safely but needs supervision so there's not much time savings (need to be PC here...I plan on getting my daughter into mowing when she's able as well)
  • He/she can do the job with some guidance; you have to be there to do QC but you don't need to constantly supervise (that's where I'm at now)
  • He/she can do part or all of the job on his/her own
My son is willing to help, but I'd have to admit I'm guilty of bribery...I do pay him some extra $$ for the time spent mowing the yard.

Grassi21

Sorry for the hijack gang but I'm interested in all things Daddy these days. When My Dad had summer vaca or extended holidays from school he would pick up paining and wallpaper jobs. I was working with him at the age of 12 or 13 and pulling in an hourly rate. Great memories.

Speaking of ski sales..... ;-) These prices are tempting me. But this season is all about buying wifey new gear. After spending last season on the sidelines, she is up for new boots and skis. I need to get her to check this link.