• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

2007-08 "Resident" Boot Fitter Thread

Skiiboot

Paul ,

For what you are doing the time of the fit doesn't matter, as long as you can get some ski days on them. I may also be able to help you with the rehab.

Thanks

Jeff

Paul

Paul ,

For what you are doing the time of the fit doesn't matter, as long as you can get some ski days on them. I may also be able to help you with the rehab.

Thanks

Jeff

Awesome! Thanks, Jeff. I'll call or PM you when I figure-out what my schedule looks like.

I_Bike_Alone

Head w/c fitment

Jeff,
Here's my story. Street shoe averages 11.5. When measured on several different mondo scales I come in right around 28.5(on my bigger foot too). I've got an opportunity to acquire a pair of new head w/c in a 28.0 for practically nothing! I guess my questions are very general and they are as follows:

1. How far can the toe box in just the big toe area be expanded before it becomes a problem interfering with bindings?
2 It's a 28.5 shell with the 28 liner, so If i remove the liner ideally how much room should there be between my heel and the back of the boot.
3 Going along with question 2, If my foot physically fits into the 28.5 shell what are the chances a custom liner would make these fit like a glove?

I brought these to the boot guy at Mohawk here in CT and he didn't think it would work, but I was looking for some advice from someone who knows more about blowing out toe boxes etc. as he had no experience.

Thanks for your input, you do an awesome job!
Alex

wa-loaf

Jeff,
Here's my story. Street shoe averages 11.5. When measured on several different mondo scales I come in right around 28.5(on my bigger foot too). I've got an opportunity to acquire a pair of new head w/c in a 28.0 for practically nothing! I guess my questions are very general and they are as follows:

1. How far can the toe box in just the big toe area be expanded before it becomes a problem interfering with bindings?
2 It's a 28.5 shell with the 28 liner, so If i remove the liner ideally how much room should there be between my heel and the back of the boot.
3 Going along with question 2, If my foot physically fits into the 28.5 shell what are the chances a custom liner would make these fit like a glove?

I brought these to the boot guy at Mohawk here in CT and he didn't think it would work, but I was looking for some advice from someone who knows more about blowing out toe boxes etc. as he had no experience.

Thanks for your input, you do an awesome job!
Alex

I'm not Jeff, but a 28.5 and 28.0 shell and liner are exactly the same size. They make up the half size with only the footbed. You should have about a fingers width in a shell fit for a performance fit.

Oak22

Shin Bang!

Jeff,

I have a pair of Salomon Performa(I think they are the 6's). They are about 3 years old but(unfortunately) don't have alot of ski days on them. Part of the problem is that they cause me tremendous pain and I usually opt to ride my snowboard instead of ski:-x

The pain is consistent in both boots and seems to be right around the area of the top buckle/power strap. I brought them back to the shop where I bought them twice now. First they simply lowered the forward lean adjustment on the back of the boot. This didn't work so they enxt tried to add some padding between the liner tongue and the shell as well as tried heat molding the liners"to soften them up" as they said. I skied Saddleback yesterday(which was awesome, by the way) and they were the same as always. I have Superfeet in them inc ase that makes a difference. The boots have a stiffness adjustment as well, soft or firm flex. I have been keeping them on soft thinking that might help.

Sorry for the excessively long post! Any suggestions:spread:

Skiiboot

oak22,

The performa is a beginer boot, and is soft, so if you have any size you may be to big for the boot. The other thing could be if you are to far forward it may bother the shin or top of the boot.

o3jeff

Hi Jeff, I have about 10 days on my new boots and am starting to have the same problem I had with my old boots(they were about 7 years old). It seem that the ball of my fibula were it meets the inside of my anke is rubbing/pressing against my boot and becoming sore after a day of skiing. I have noticed this the past two times out. I personally think it is from me leaning back sometimes when I ski. any recomendations for a quick fix?

Thanks in advance.

Skiiboot

o3jeff

A good footbed can help, and sometimes a bit of material needs to be removed.

THANKS

JEFF

ed-drum

I make my own footbeds and have been doing so for years. I know a couple of great bootfitters and their jaws drop open when I tell them how how do it and the cost, about $1.00. Read about it in a book. Ed.