• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Quiver Pics

ERJ-145CA

Here is the family quiver:

115_1547sm.jpg

The snowboard is my wife's and the kids skis are season rentals for my 4 year old son. The Salomons are now my rock skis, they're beginner to low intermediate skis and I outgrew them about halfway through the season last year. Last season was my first season in 20 years and the Salomons were cheap. I got 26 ski days out of them though.

I finally got around to taking a pic of the quiver...pretty well stocked. The four on the left are pretty much out of circulation...gonna give them away to some friends.

attachment.php

DEVO

Our quiver for this season

986d1193365357-quiver-pics-dsc07440sm.jpg

Wife's Atomics
Daughter's Salomons
Son's Elans
Mine:
165 Airwalk Champ w/ Kemper bindings
168 Elan MO2 w/ S810 - Beater twins for general goofing off
185 Rossi Sratch BC w/ S912ti - Deeper eastern days
184 Scott P3 w/ S912 (to be mounted) - everyday all mountain
178 Dynastar Legend 8000 w/ Naxo NX21 - touring

Last edited:

DEVO

You will love them. I played around on them for a few hours last year (179) and loved them, even more than my Public Enemies.

Can't wait to get on these! Now if I can just figure out where to mount the bindings, on the line or -1cm???

Greg

Staff member
Updated family quiver:

IMG_4088.jpg

L to R: 182 cm K2 Axis X Pros, 179 cm K2 Cabrawlers, 170 cm Volkl Unlimited AC3, 167 cm K2 T:Nine, 160 cm K2 True Luvs (new in wrapper), 80 cm Rossignol Fun Girls

koreshot

How do you like the fun girls? How would you compare them to some of the other skis in your quiver? They seem a bit short for your height. :)

Greg

Staff member
How do you like the fun girls? How would you compare them to some of the other skis in your quiver? They seem a bit short for your height. :)

They're mad steezy yo!

Trekchick

Good God man, are you sure those Elan's aren't meant to be water skis?

You are a gear ho, but that's cool. I like skiing next to someone who draws attention to their skis... since it draws attention from the way I'm tumbling down the hill next to you. :dunce:

Tough to figure out from your quiver what type of skiing you like best. ;)

BTW, nice purple shorts, lol.
A well rounded individual who likes to mix it up a bit! :spread:

Those purple shorts are actually my underwear from the Banana Republic Factory Outlet. The wife thinks they are hot, so there! I am thinking about trying some Victoria's Secret stuff out next, I think they still have a mens line.
T-M-I !!!

Trekchick

My husbands quiver, which is in the attic and was too lazy to take them down from up there.
(Yes I know there was water damage at one point but that is not the case now!)
n830505017_1568015_4271.jpg

I think he need a midfat in his quiver so I'm thinking of surprising him with a Blizzard Cronus or a Volkl Bridge this year. I think he'll like the Bridge best because, as you can see he's a volkl guy.

Me? I'm a bit more Phickle with my ski gear. Rarely keep anything longer than a season, sometimes less. I like to try out all the new stuff, and usually get a decent price out of my used stuff because its still somewhat current when I move on to my next toy.
This is my current quiver, which will have a Blizzard EOS added to it within the next 15 minutes :D
n830505017_1461432_498.jpg

hammer

My husbands quiver, which is in the attic and was too lazy to take them down from up there.
(Yes I know there was water damage at one point but that is not the case now!)
n830505017_1568015_4271.jpg

I think he need a midfat in his quiver so I'm thinking of surprising him with a Blizzard Cronus or a Volkl Bridge this year. I think he'll like the Bridge best because, as you can see he's a volkl guy.
With that much in his quiver he could open up a ski shop. 8)

Trekchick

With that much in his quiver he could open up a ski shop. 8)
The problem with him is that he won't sell anything until it has no value. The only current skis he has is my old Nordica Nitrous and the Race Tiger.
The rest is 4-5 year old technology.
Most do have system bindings so he lets friends borrow from time to time.
Does this drive me nuts........?
Oh yeah!
But I have a husband who's on the slopes with me instead of at the bar or out picking up chicks, so he can ski on whatever he wants!

koreshot

Yeah, your hubby is into overlapping his quiver isn't he?