• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Quiver Pics

Philpug

IMG_1710.jpg

Rossi 9x 180 FKS 15 ...My go fast ski for early morning cruising

The Ski, mock'ed up prototypes 182, Marker Jester ...My fat ski

Elan 888 177, Marker Jester... Sharing with my son

Blizzard Eos 159, Blizzard 412 IQ...Lola's fat ski

Blizzard Magnum Viva 7.6, Marker 412TT IQ...Lola's day to day ski

Blizzard Magnum 8.7, Marker 514TT IQ... My day to day ski

Of course, this is subject to change.

Only two of these skis made the cut for this year.

skidmarks

Quiver for 2

Looks like a lot of skis for the two of us but most get used every season.
The fact that we XC/BC ski adds more skis to the picture. Race skis also add up quick. I love to Tele Ski and that requires equipment too...
Our Cat (Cleo) runs patrols in the basement.

SkiQuiver.jpg

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
I'll post up a better shot after I scrape off the summer wax.
Imsoready.jpg

Left to right...
Head Monster iM70
Head Cool Thang (wife's)
K2 Apache Crossfire
Nordica Hot Rot Jet Fuel

wa-loaf

Dropped off my Wateas yesterday to get mounted. I'll post a pic when I pick them up.

WJenness

Dropped off my Wateas yesterday to get mounted. I'll post a pic when I pick them up.

Just ordered some Marker Griffon's from skidmark for mine.

What did you go with? Who's mounting them for you? Standard mounting position?

-w

wa-loaf

Just ordered some Marker Griffon's from skidmark for mine.

What did you go with? Who's mounting them for you? Standard mounting position?

-w

Watea 94's and I got some Dukes. I was at WA yesterday dropping of some kids gear for the swap and brought them up to the shop. Standard mount and Wa only charges $25 for mounting no matter where you got your stuff.

WJenness

Watea 94's and I got some Dukes. I was at WA yesterday dropping of some kids gear for the swap and brought them up to the shop. Standard mount and Wa only charges $25 for mounting no matter where you got your stuff.

Cool. I have the 84s... That's a good deal on the mount. I'll probably have Zimmerman's in Nashua do mine as that's where I bought the Wateas and he said they'd mount them free if I brought them back when I got some bindings.

Maybe I'll bring the K2 silencers I grabbed out to Wa for the mount, hard to pass up $25 and I don't plan on using them right away anyway. (First couple days if it's thin I'll use my old K2 enemys that I've now relegated to rock-ski status)

-w

wa-loaf

Cool. I have the 84s... That's a good deal on the mount. I'll probably have Zimmerman's in Nashua do mine as that's where I bought the Wateas and he said they'd mount them free if I brought them back when I got some bindings.

Maybe I'll bring the K2 silencers I grabbed out to Wa for the mount, hard to pass up $25 and I don't plan on using them right away anyway. (First couple days if it's thin I'll use my old K2 enemys that I've now relegated to rock-ski status)

-w

They are having their Columbus Day swap this weekend. Don't head up unless you want to do some shopping. Today won't be bad, but the rest of the weekend will be a madhouse.

WJenness

They are having their Columbus Day swap this weekend. Don't head up unless you want to do some shopping. Today won't be bad, but the rest of the weekend will be a madhouse.

Thanks for the heads up. I have enough going on that it wouldn't be until Monday if at all this weekend... and I should probably stay away from the swap to keep from shopping.

-w

carbonXshell

Website
vimeo.com
Imsoready.jpg

Left to right...
Head Monster iM70
Head Cool Thang (wife's)
K2 Apache Crossfire
Nordica Hot Rot Jet Fuel

RootDKJ,

how do you like your jet fuels compared to the others. good ski for the northeast?

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
RootDKJ,

how do you like your jet fuels compared to the others. good ski for the northeast?
I only skied on them one day in April. Varied conditions to say the least.

AM - 4-5" of fresh. Loved it.
11AM - all crud. Loved it
1 PM - all corn. Loved it
2:30 PM - very slushy. Ok. I didn't have good wax on there so it was pretty sticky.

I really didn't get to run them very much on any really hard pack. I'm really stoked to get to know them better, and figure out when to go with my Crossfires vs, my Hot Rods.

carbonXshell

Website
vimeo.com
I only skied on them one day in April. Varied conditions to say the least.

AM - 4-5" of fresh. Loved it.
11AM - all crud. Loved it
1 PM - all corn. Loved it
2:30 PM - very slushy. Ok. I didn't have good wax on there so it was pretty sticky.

I really didn't get to run them very much on any really hard pack. I'm really stoked to get to know them better, and figure out when to go with my Crossfires vs, my Hot Rods.

Thanks,

I just bought a pair. my all mountain ski now is the fischer cool heat which I really like. the jet fuels are longer and beefier. I'll probably use them for deeper snow and blasting through crud like you had success with.

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
Thanks,

I just bought a pair. my all mountain ski now is the fischer cool heat which I really like. the jet fuels are longer and beefier. I'll probably use them for deeper snow and blasting through crud like you had success with.
They blew right through the middle of the crud piles like they weren't even there...

Mildcat

Imsoready.jpg

Left to right...
Head Monster iM70
Head Cool Thang (wife's)
K2 Apache Crossfire
Nordica Hot Rot Jet Fuel

Where's the Ski Tote? ;-)

deadheadskier

Staff member
I've got a couple more that are up in the attic that will never see snow again. I should really get them out for a group shot.

make a chair

I've got four pairs of retired skis in the attic that will eventually be turned into one, once I get around to it. I think Dr. Jeff had one made for him.