• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Quiver Pics

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
make a chair

I've got four pairs of retired skis in the attic that will eventually be turned into one, once I get around to it. I think Dr. Jeff had one made for him.
I'll eventually do something with them. I am thinking about mounting them horizontally on the walls of my basement, once I get the walls painted.

powbmps

Real exciting. Switched out the PX14's for older Axial 120 on the green Twisters. Moved bindings back to the line on both pairs of bump skis. Sweet tune too, with proper edge bevel and base restructuring. Yee haw! Found a pair of FKS 120's for the Mojo90's I recently purchased.

Last edited:

Beetlenut

SkiQuiver1.jpg

deadheadskier

Staff member
nice to see you finally moving away from those fromage core french skis! Wood cores and full sidewalls are good things.

The B2s probably won't see much use this year, but the BXs are a fine bump ski. I'm pretty certain when I bought the BX that it had a wood core. Though the graphics are the same, they are from the prior season before they made the switch to foam......pretty certain.

Hopefully I get lucky with some DEEP days and get to take out the Axioms this season as they are still great fun in snow over a foot deep. I don't think the High Society's will offer quite as much float as I'd like on really deep days, but they should be sufficient 95% of the time here on the EC. I'm bringing them on Saturday and depending on the coverage I may take them out, but probably the B2s as I don't really care if I trash them.

The B2s probably won't see much use this year, but the BXs are a fine bump ski. I'm pretty certain when I bought the BX that it had a wood core. Though the graphics are the same, they are from the prior season before they made the switch to foam......pretty certain.

Hopefully I get lucky with some DEEP days and get to take out the Axioms this season as they are still great fun in snow over a foot deep. I don't think the High Society's will offer quite as much float as I'd like on really deep days, but they should be sufficient 95% of the time here on the EC. I'm bringing them on Saturday and depending on the coverage I may take them out, but probably the B2s as I don't really care if I trash them.

bring the B2s...while you probably won't get any core shots you're almost guaranteed to get some nicks in the edges...nothing worse than hacking up a brand new set of edges. Rossi has been funny over the years...they'll do a foam core in the high end skis, but price point models that they've typically made in Spain often have a woodcore.

wa-loaf

Got my Wateas today! So kids heads on the left, the Wateas, my Ripsticks, RaceTigers, and the old K2 Merlin Vs.

IMG_4532.JPG

wa-loaf

You realize the bindings on the K2's aren't indemnified. :smile:

Yes, but the piezio still lights up on the skis so I'm good! :spread:

Actually they're pretty much retired, holding on to them until they're old enough for a gapper day.

Mildcat

Actually they're pretty much retired, holding on to them until they're old enough for a gapper day.

I thought just the fours had the lights. Learn something new everyday.

Philpug

Got my Wateas today! So kids heads on the left, the Wateas, my Ripsticks, RaceTigers, and the old K2 Merlin Vs.

IMG_4532.JPG

There will always be something older (and gapier)

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
Hey ROOT, Did you put the SKI TOTE in there just to yank our chain, or do you actually use it? :razz:

My wife had one when we first got married. I told her I couldn't figure out how it worked ;) One day it ran away......
Nah, it's there for stoke. I used it as a kid though ;)