Do you own an HD TV - Page 10

AlpineZone

View Poll Results: Do you own an HD TV?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    27 50.94%
  • No, but I'm going to get one

    4 7.55%
  • No, because I'm waiting for the price to come down more

    9 16.98%
  • No, and I have no intention of getting one

    13 24.53%
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 126
  1. #91
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannonball View Post
    The cost of televisions vs the quality of content is really out of whack. Give me something worth watching and I'll consider buying a new TV
    My long held wish is for ala carte packaging. I literally watch about fifteen channels total. I don't need the other 885 and find it annoying to have to surf through all the garbage.

    I hear about all the great "shows" out there, but I have fear of commitment to watching TV series. The last show I regularly watched was Cheers when it was still live and that's only because of my mom. She had a thing for Ted Danson back then.

    Breaking Bad, Mad Men, The Office, Game of Thrones, Whatever that Zombie show is, Ive never bothered watching. Actually that's not true, half an episode of Zombie show, but I thought it was dumb.



    Typically I'll leave something on Discovery or Natgeo in the background while I'm reading

  2. #92
    Funky_Catskills's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Hunter, NY
    Posts
    874
    I had my ex's login for Time Warner for a while... She never took me off the account.
    I was able to watch Discovery and History on Apple TV or Roku.. But then she changed the account...

    I think ala carte is JUST around the corner.. Within the next couple years for sure

  3. #93
    Quote Originally Posted by Funky_Catskills View Post
    I think ala carte is JUST around the corner.. Within the next couple years for sure
    Right... people have been saying that for years. But the market has responded by digging in and vertically integrating. The cable company now owns the content.
    2016-2017: 79 days
    2015-2016: 54 days
    2014-2015: 63 days
    2013-2014: 68 days

    Quiver: 2014 Liberty Sequence (182 cm), 2014 K2 Rictor 82 XTi (177 cm), 2015 Nordica NRGY 100 (177 cm), 2016 Head Monster 88 (177 cm), 2017 Voelkl Racetiger SL (165 cm), 2017 Nordica Enforcer 93 (193 cm), 2017 Revision Subtraction (194 cm)

  4. #94
    Funky_Catskills's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Hunter, NY
    Posts
    874
    Quote Originally Posted by yeggous View Post
    Right... people have been saying that for years. But the market has responded by digging in and vertically integrating. The cable company now owns the content.
    It's starting to happen..
    I have ala carte' HBO, CBS, PBS right now... I had ala carte' SHowtime for a while to watch my friends Series..

    It's happening...

  5. #95
    I had one attached to our living room but sold it cheap since it distracted a lot our son who got really bad scores at school because of too much watching cartoons
    Pontresina or Val D'Isere? Either destination in the Alps for the winner of Salewa GET VERTICAL Summer 2016

  6. #96
    need a new tv, what are the latest greatest options in the market? looking for something 60" or so, wall mounted. wide viewing angle.
    shit happens, wear a helmet.

    2016/17
    MT Snow - 12.30 1.7 1.29 2.4 2.11
    Attitash - 2.17
    Black MTN - 2.18
    Wildcat - 2.19
    Eldora - 4.7
    Snowmass - 4.10
    Aspen - 4.11

  7. #97
    Edd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Newmarket, NH
    Posts
    4,265
    Not certain about a wide viewing angle, but I've read great things this year about the OLED models from LG.

  8. #98
    Quote Originally Posted by JimG. View Post
    Evil television...the bane of society. Big brother's way of controlling the masses and watching us too.

    A little paranoid? When it comes to TV, yes I am.

    My boss got new internet service here at work...4 cable boxes came with the deal. Sort of like free cocaine when you buy a bag of heroin.

    Now there's a TV in the lunch room. And instead of the lively chatter we used to have in there, now I get to see a bunch of drooling zombies watching the intelligence sucking box.

    Evil I tell you.
    This is pretty funny.

    I had not seen this thread yet, but reading the earlier statements, I wonder what their stance is now. We have jumped up in size three times to a 55 inch and now are looking at going to 65. In fact, you can get a 65 inch Smart TV 4K for easily less than a thousand - I found some for $599. Now if you pay more it is not because of size and video quality but because of added features like web access, network capable, pre-installed software, lots of ports etc.

    I assume that everyone has 2 or 3 these days!

    Love to watch HD Youtube skiing movie - lots of full length stuff there now. Watch Claim it is good and the beginning pretty funny. My TV is not Smart so I use Chromecast.
    2012-2013 (39)
    2013-2014 (36)
    2014-2015 (51)
    2015-2016 (47)

    2016-2017 target - 50

    If you take what the mountain gives you, you will always have fun!

  9. #99
    Quote Originally Posted by dlague View Post
    Love to watch HD Youtube skiing movie - lots of full length stuff there now. Watch Claim it is good and the beginning pretty funny. My TV is not Smart so I use Chromecast.
    Chromecast is every bit as good as a smart TV IMO. Not sure what the price difference between smart and not smart TVs, but when they first came out I thought they were an incredible gimmick and not worth it. I could be totally off base though.

  10. #100
    Quote Originally Posted by Jully View Post
    Chromecast is every bit as good as a smart TV IMO. Not sure what the price difference between smart and not smart TVs, but when they first came out I thought they were an incredible gimmick and not worth it. I could be totally off base though.
    Those aftermarket streaming devices are probably more user friendly. I tried using one once and returned it after signing into my inactive Netflix account instead of my active one and not being able to sign out. Also I bet the streaming device goes obsolete long before you decire a new TV.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:20 AM.