• No, but I'm going to get one

3 5.88%
  • No, because I'm waiting for the price to come down more

9 17.65%
  • No, and I have no intention of getting one

12 23.53%
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ComeBackMudPuddles View Post
    At home I have a regular ol' 32" TV. It's true that the ball game isn't as crisp as on HD, but I've got other things to spend $2000 on. It's just a question of priorities. I don't think badly of people who spend that kind of money on TV. It must be important to them.
    I have to agree with this. While those HDTVs are beautiful and I drool over them, there are more important things we need right now. It's scary to think that my first several cars cost less than these TVs, though.

"Everyone seems to have a clear idea of how other people should lead their lives, but none about his or her own." ~ Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist

Quote Originally Posted by ComeBackMudPuddles View Post
    It's just a question of priorities. I don't think badly of people who spend that kind of money on TV. It must be important to them.
    We went with the LCD because our old TV died, and since it was a big-assed console, nothing would fit in its space, and we didn't have room for a new stand etc. In our new place now, the TV looks great on the wall. Not that I've had any time to watch it since we moved in.

I have a 20" Magnavox that was 150 bucks from Target..it's not a plasma but the screen is flat..I don't waste my money on Electronics..only on skiing, booze, and food. My parents have three large flat screens at their new house but they're ballers..I think they were each more than $1,000..

52" Mitsubishi DLP. Motherboard shat the bed on Aug. 5th.

I'm going through withdrawl waiting for it to come-in...
    The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson

I have to say that after spending the afternoon at my parents' house (with their Big Screen HDTV, not sure what kind just that it's a Toshiba, on all day) that I'm getting pulled into the dark side. HD nature programs are awesome! Of course, that would require a new tv and extended cable... no $$$ for that. But it's nice to dream....
    "Everyone seems to have a clear idea of how other people should lead their lives, but none about his or her own." ~ Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist

well, I couldn't hold out any longer. Got a sweet deal on a 42" Panasonic Plasma on Friday, so I bit. What a difference

Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post
    well, I couldn't hold out any longer. Got a sweet deal on a 42" Panasonic Plasma on Friday, so I bit. What a difference
    Nice! Panny's are a great value.
    I ski double black diamonds.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Nice! Panny's are a great value.
    I thought so. Price was $1150. I was suprised they didn't try and talk me into a more expensive option. All I said was I was looking for something in the 37-42" range that was great for sports and non-HD channels as I still watch quite a few of them. There were TV's of that size nearly twice the price, but comparing them all side by side, none really struck me as being much better if at all than the Panasonic, so I went with it.

Normal 20" Mitsubishi TV that's about 15 years old. No cable - "rabbit ears" and because we live in the Boston suburbs we get 10 channel options. TV not a big priority

Bump. Funny how 1080p is now becoming "old" technology.

I'm thinking of buying a 4k TV. Prices have seemed to drop into the affordable range, but I'd like to hear what people think of their own 4k TV's before I pull the trigger. These curved TV's seem to be all the rage as well now, how do those of you who have one like them so far?
    2016/2017 Days

A-Basin - 10/21, 11/24, 2/19
    Vail - 12/2, 12/3
    Breck - 12/4, 12/11, 1/8, 1/29, 2/26
    Loveland - 12/10, 1/16, 2/20
    Keystone 12/31, 2/18
    Aspen Highlands - 1/7
    Beaver Creek - 2/25
    Sugarbush - 3/5
    Telluride - 4/2

Fremont Pass (AIARE Course) - 1/14, 1/15
    Vail Pass - 1/22, 1/29
    Loveland Pass - 2/12, 3/25
    Bear Creek - 4/1

2015/2016 Days - 57 (inc. 2 BC)
    2014/2015 Days - 58
    2013/2014 Days - 47 (inc. 6 BC)

I'll tell you where. Someplace warm. A place where the beer flows like wine. Where beautiful women instinctively flock like the salmon of Capistrano. I'm talking about a little place called Aspen.

Thread Information