MT Snow - 12.30 1.7 1.29 2.4 2.11
    Attitash - 2.17
    Black MTN - 2.18
    Wildcat - 2.19
    Eldora - 4.7
    Snowmass - 4.10
    Aspen - 4.11

Quote Originally Posted by skiNEwhere View Post
    Bump. Funny how 1080p is now becoming "old" technology.

I'm thinking of buying a 4k TV. Prices have seemed to drop into the affordable range, but I'd like to hear what people think of their own 4k TV's before I pull the trigger. These curved TV's seem to be all the rage as well now, how do those of you who have one like them so far?
    They awesome when you watch in 4K. Cable with the upscaling is definitely better but cable does not have the refresh rate and seems a little worse with the 4K. Not terrible but I notice it no one else does. We have Samsung 50 and curve 65. I paid $800 for the 50 just before Xmas and the 65 was bought a year ago and the 75" is the same price now. The 65 came with preloaded movies and documentaries on a hard drive all in 4K. They are amazing to watch. Netflix and Amazon prime stream in 4K.
    Live, Ski or Die Trying!!!
    "Life is not measured by the numbers of breaths we take, but by the ski runs that take our breath away."

SKI THE EAST!!!!!!

65" 3d Samsung led from 10/2013. Matching vacuum tubes surround sound

Reading the comments from less than ten years ago is interesting. Incredible how fast technology changes, and becomes commonplace. Most amazing, we still have, and use, the Aquos, ten years later. Not much gets built that will anymore.

Haven't pulled the trigger on 4K yet. No need to replace anything, and for awhile I was concerned it would be a leapfrogged technology, quickly replaced by something else. Still not a whole lot of programming available, maybe Hololens becomes the next standard instead.
    "The trouble with internet quotations is that they're often impossible to verify."
    -Aristotle

Bought a 58" Samsung Plasma two years ago and to this date I haven't seen a picture out there that has made me regret the purchase. Granted once the 4K tech is wide spread, that will be a different story. But for now, I am completely satisfied!
    15-16 Killington 11-17-16

I've been thinking about upgrading but am waiting for 4K content to catch up. I have a six year old Samsung 55" LED. It is super thin, light weight, and has built-in apps for Netflix, HBO, etc. But it is not 4K.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app
    2016-2017: 79 days
    2015-2016: 54 days
    2014-2015: 63 days
    2013-2014: 68 days

Quiver: 2014 Liberty Sequence (182 cm), 2014 K2 Rictor 82 XTi (177 cm), 2015 Nordica NRGY 100 (177 cm), 2016 Head Monster 88 (177 cm), 2017 Voelkl Racetiger SL (165 cm), 2017 Nordica Enforcer 93 (193 cm), 2017 Revision Subtraction (194 cm)

Quote Originally Posted by prsboogie View Post
    Bought a 58" Samsung Plasma two years ago and to this date I haven't seen a picture out there that has made me regret the purchase. Granted once the 4K tech is wide spread, that will be a different story. But for now, I am completely satisfied!
    We got 4k camera and screens in the OR for laparoscopic surgery.. The vendors weren't happy when I said there's not much difference. Especially on a small 30" screen.

Quote Originally Posted by delco714 View Post
    We got 4k camera and screens in the OR for laparoscopic surgery.. The vendors weren't happy when I said there's not much difference. Especially on a small 30" screen.
    What type of surgeon are you?

Quote Originally Posted by delco714 View Post
    That's great, I'm sure he or she wasn't!!
    15-16 Killington 11-17-16

Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post
    What type of surgeon are you?
    I'm a urology-surgical oncology PA

Thread Information