4 7.55%
  • No, because I'm waiting for the price to come down more

9 16.98%
  • No, and I have no intention of getting one

13 24.53%
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by delco714 View Post
    I'm a urology-surgical oncology PA
    Cool. I'm a vendor who gets annoyed when the Docs and staff aren't impressed with my fancy technology.

Items for Sale
    There's a lot more, that I need, to spend $$$ on... Guess I'm beyond the craze in years..
    SteveD

Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post
    Cool. I'm a vendor who gets annoyed when the Docs and staff aren't impressed with my fancy technology.
    Wahhhh wahhhh hahaha

This thread is really interesting to read from beginning to end. Nice time capsule of technological development.

Quote Originally Posted by ctenidae View Post
    Reading the comments from less than ten years ago is interesting. Incredible how fast technology changes, and becomes commonplace. Most amazing, we still have, and use, the Aquos, ten years later. Not much gets built that will anymore.

Haven't pulled the trigger on 4K yet. No need to replace anything, and for awhile I was concerned it would be a leapfrogged technology, quickly replaced by something else. Still not a whole lot of programming available, maybe Hololens becomes the next standard instead.
    so funny - we have two Aquos - thinking about 8 & 6 years old. Have no idea why I'd need anything new. Our huge analog TV just shit the bed - it was our bedroom TV, so doing without for now. See how much I miss it - we don't even use cable TV, so just antennae anyway. But at least with new TV I can stream Netflix. We don't have enough disposable income at the moment to care about swapping out for "newer"- we spend too much on our ski habit (and college tuition). We've got HD baby - wait til the next fad that basically forces us to buy new.

I was still tube TV back in 2007. I've had a couple of 50" Panasonic plasma panels since 2010.

I don't see the point in a 4K 65" panel. When the price drops on 80"+ panels, I'll probably ditch all my electronics and start over. Web control over the AV receiver and Blu Ray player would be nice

Guessing Blue Ray players aren't long for this world

They are already obsolete. I haven't used mine in two years or so.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app
    2016-2017: 79 days
    2015-2016: 54 days
    2014-2015: 63 days
    2013-2014: 68 days

Quiver: 2014 Liberty Sequence (182 cm), 2014 K2 Rictor 82 XTi (177 cm), 2015 Nordica NRGY 100 (177 cm), 2016 Head Monster 88 (177 cm), 2017 Voelkl Racetiger SL (165 cm), 2017 Nordica Enforcer 93 (193 cm), 2017 Revision Subtraction (194 cm)

One of ours has stopped playing BluRay discs. Plays regular DVDs fine, oddly. Only reason for them in my mind is for the kids, but that's pretty thin, as it would be easier (and more portable) to download from Amazon.
    "The trouble with internet quotations is that they're often impossible to verify."
    -Aristotle

I've got a number of Concert Blueray discs I regularly enjoy. Some are imported and likely not available on Netflix

Thread Information