27 50.94%
  • No, but I'm going to get one

4 7.55%
  • No, because I'm waiting for the price to come down more

9 16.98%
  • No, and I have no intention of getting one

13 24.53%
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    I have a 42" LCD that is ~6 yrs old. If it were to die I'd probably replace it with a nice painting and some new speakers. My TV's main job lately is to stream music, which is a really stupid use of energy, technology, and sound quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Funky_Catskills View Post
    So you're keeping a crappy 29" TV when you could buy one bigger and better for less than $200....

SMASH IT!!!!
    Done correctly, that's easily $200 worth of entertainment.
    "The trouble with internet quotations is that they're often impossible to verify."
    -Aristotle

Quote Originally Posted by ctenidae View Post
    Done correctly, that's easily $200 worth of entertainment.
    +1
    2016-2017: 79 days
    2015-2016: 54 days
    2014-2015: 63 days
    2013-2014: 68 days

Quiver: 2014 Liberty Sequence (182 cm), 2014 K2 Rictor 82 XTi (177 cm), 2015 Nordica NRGY 100 (177 cm), 2016 Head Monster 88 (177 cm), 2017 Voelkl Racetiger SL (165 cm), 2017 Nordica Enforcer 93 (193 cm), 2017 Revision Subtraction (194 cm)

Quote Originally Posted by Funky_Catskills View Post
    So you're keeping a crappy 29" TV when you could buy one bigger and better for less than $200....

SMASH IT!!!!
    I have contemplated accidently dropping off the roof.
    "Happiness equals reality minus expectations." Tommy Magliozzi

Quote Originally Posted by abubob View Post
    i have contemplated accidently dropping off the roof.
    yes!!!!

The cost of televisions vs the quality of content is really out of whack. Give me something worth watching and I'll consider buying a new TV

We have a 32" Samsung TV that's about 6 years old. No cable bill as we use rabbit ears and get about 20 different channels. Don't really watch a lot of TV but it has a great picture and sound for watching movies on DVD that we get for free from the local library.

Quote Originally Posted by Cannonball View Post
    The cost of televisions vs the quality of content is really out of whack. Give me something worth watching and I'll consider buying a new TV
    This is actually part of the reason I want a new TV. A lot of these original series on HBO, Amazon prime, and Netflix are pretty damn good
    2017/2018 Days

A-Basin - 10/13

Loveland Pass - 10/6

2016/2017 Days - 34 (inc. 10 BC)
    2015/2016 Days - 57 (inc. 2 BC)
    2014/2015 Days - 58
    2013/2014 Days - 47 (inc. 6 BC)

I'll tell you where. Someplace warm. A place where the beer flows like wine. Where beautiful women instinctively flock like the salmon of Capistrano. I'm talking about a little place called Aspen.

Do you own an HD TV

Quote Originally Posted by Cannonball View Post
    There are far too many quality shows for me to even keep up with. I'd have to work less to watch it all. It's out there, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by WWF-VT View Post
    We have a 32" Samsung TV that's about 6 years old. No cable bill as we use rabbit ears and get about 20 different channels. Don't really watch a lot of TV but it has a great picture and sound for watching movies on DVD that we get for free from the local library.
    . Over the air TV is best signal possible (been told by my EE husband). I'm on tallest hill in town 15 miles from Boston, probably same from Needham antennas. Our outdoor HD receiver has been quirky though - husband needs to check on it - but usually perfect reception from tons of stations (well, relative to a non-cable person lol). Haven't paid for cable since 1999 - well til we got cable Internet and cheaper to get bundle with cable - we just don't hook it up (used cable wire for antennae). Although we can use our xfinity acct to stream. Probably saved enough to cover our ski house down payment over those years lol. (Think about that youngins who say you can't save - give up your TV!)

Thread Information