• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What are you eating for lunch today???

Geoff

Reubens

Today was 15 pounds of corned beef, swiss cheese, sauerkraut, two loaves of rye bread, and thousand island dressing made from ketchup, mayo, and sweet relish. I boiled the corned beef for 3 hours on Thursday with cinnamon stick, whole allspice, whole brown mustard seed, whole black pepper, cloves, and bay leaves. I put 6+ pounds on the grill at 11:30 this morning on low heat and went skiing for an hour swinging back to the car once to flip it. I sliced the heated corned beef, put the slices back on the grill with swiss cheese to fully melt it, and toasted the rye on the grill. After that was killed, I tossed more corned beef on the grill and made another batch.

The rye bread was the limiting factor. I made 18 sandwiches before I ran out of bread.

ScottySkis

O
Reubens

Today was 15 pounds of corned beef, swiss cheese, sauerkraut, two loaves of rye bread, and thousand island dressing made from ketchup, mayo, and sweet relish. I boiled the corned beef for 3 hours on Thursday with cinnamon stick, whole allspice, whole brown mustard seed, whole black pepper, cloves, and bay leaves. I put 6+ pounds on the grill at 11:30 this morning on low heat and went skiing for an hour swinging back to the car once to flip it. I sliced the heated corned beef, put the slices back on the grill with swiss cheese to fully melt it, and toasted the rye on the grill. After that was killed, I tossed more corned beef on the grill and made another batch.

The rye bread was the limiting factor. I made 18 sandwiches before I ran out of bread.

Sounds great lunch, that is awesome idea for spring skiing's lunch special.