• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

I broke down

drjeff

The damn stroller takes up a ton of space alone. I can't wait till we don't need one anymore...

But then they'll be hockey sticks, ski bags, soccer gear, back packs, and oh yes your kids 4 friends to cart around ;)

I've got my 2 kids finally out of the stroller and the back our cars are still just as packed as before and the amount of time that the Thule box is on the roof just keeps increasing!

Grassi21

strollers, pack and play etc, that is what thuleboxes are meant for during non ski season months.

Paul

nelson_haha.jpg

2knees

i knew i'd take some shit for this, which is why i put it up, but this is more than i couldve hoped for.

thanks for the laughs.

and bought a minivan. But at least its AWD so i can take some solace in that. I held out for a while but cramming all that junk for our kids into the outback just got to be too much.

Wow..alot of people have kids on here...as long as you can ski alot that's what's important. If you're already married..there's no need for a hot car to impress the ladies..:razz:

dmc

Minivans are great for musicians too...
A friend of mine has a Dodge Caravan with doors on both sides. When we play NYC gigs, He can park against the wall on either side of the alley to loadin and out equipment.

nelsapbm

I just broke down and bought a small SUV after swearing up and down that I would never buy one LOL. I "upgraded" my Accord to a CRV. Great car. Get 26 mpg to/fro work and 29 on the highway.
Re: mini-vans....we used to rent them at a former job I had to drive to trade shows - they hold a ton of stuff and they drive surprisingly very well. Decent gas mileage too. I'd consider getting one if I ever feel the need for more room.

Mildcat

Minivans are great for musicians too...
A friend of mine has a Dodge Caravan with doors on both sides. When we play NYC gigs, He can park against the wall on either side of the alley to loadin and out equipment.

I remember an interview with Joe Satriani on the radio. They asked him advise for struggling musicians. He said never be the one to own a van. You have to pick up everybody's gear before the gig and the last one to get home.

ComeBackMudPuddles

I'll have to check that Saturn out. the MSRP on the Acadia is as much as a Tahoe/Yukon.

Here's the link: http://www.saturn.com/saturn/vehicles/outlook/overview.jsp

I can't say enough good things about Saturn. I really like the "no dicker sticker". When you buy or lease a Saturn, the prices are right in front of you, so you know what you're getting at all times. Personally, I get zero enjoyment negotiating with a car salesmen whose job it is to negotiate car prices everyday.

I drove a bargain basement 1999 Saturn for quite some time. The two biggest options I got on the lease were a center armrest at $1.19/month and a passenger side mirror at $.59/month. Yes, I really checked those two boxes....In over three years of driving the car it never went once to the shop.

The cars have gotten significantly better since I drove them, too.

ctenidae

I can't say enough good things about Saturn.

The past few years it's seemed like the fit and finish on the Saturns has been really bad- uneven gapping on body panels, they switched to some cheaper plastics inside, that sort of thing. It's been a couple of years since I checked on out, so they may have improved, but I doubt they're of the same quality they were when they launched. The General has a tendency to do that to companies, even if they're "independent." Saab has gone way downhill since GM took over.

ComeBackMudPuddles

The past few years it's seemed like the fit and finish on the Saturns has been really bad- uneven gapping on body panels, they switched to some cheaper plastics inside, that sort of thing. It's been a couple of years since I checked on out, so they may have improved, but I doubt they're of the same quality they were when they launched. The General has a tendency to do that to companies, even if they're "independent." Saab has gone way downhill since GM took over.

Over the past year or so every model of Saturn has been replaced by models produced by the General's German subsidiary, Opel (except for the Outlook, the GMC equivalent Grassi21 was talking about, and the Sky, which is the same as the Pontiac Solstice). The cars are quite good now and have garnered a lot of positive press. Check 'em out. They've really changed for the better.

Grassi21

I can't say enough good things about Saturn. I really like the "no dicker sticker". When you buy or lease a Saturn, the prices are right in front of you, so you know what you're getting at all times. Personally, I get zero enjoyment negotiating with a car salesmen whose job it is to negotiate car prices everyday.

I drove a bargain basement 1999 Saturn for quite some time. The two biggest options I got on the lease were a center armrest at $1.19/month and a passenger side mirror at $.59/month. Yes, I really checked those two boxes....In over three years of driving the car it never went once to the shop.

Thanks for the suggestion. It looks like the Outlook is now a contender. I'm going to try and stop in this weekend and start working out a lease. It is almost identical in every way to the Acadia except the Acadia has a few more luxury items standard.

I wouldn't drive a Saturn if you paid me...Tomorrow I get my Subaru back from the bodyshop..The Neon rental has really sucked. Oh Yeah and my Dog was laughing about your van..ahahahaha

Grassi21

I wouldn't drive a Saturn if you paid me...Tomorrow I get my Subaru back from the bodyshop..The Neon rental has really sucked. Oh Yeah and my Dog was laughing about your van..ahahahaha

would you drive a gmc? the saturn outlook is the exact same vehicle as the gmc acadia. and its a cuv, not a van. ;-)

wa-loaf

The Saab 9-2 sportwagon was (is? not sure if they're still making it) 100% built by Subaru.

That's right, just put a Saab nose on it and upgraded the interior a bit (moved the ignition switch :lol:).

Saabs finally developed it's own AWD system that's going to move to the 9-5 and 9-3 in next year or two. We'll have to see if they stick with subi for the 9-2.