• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The NFL 2007 Season thread

jack97

i think the steelers are really done now. Parkers injury and the sudden collapse of their defense reeks of a one and done in the playoffs. They still could miss entirely but i doubt that will happen.

Parker was the last straw.... however the defense has been iffy all season, the starting safeties have been out most of the season and then they lose Arron Smith, a very solid interior lineman. The D will be too weak to make through the playoffs.

2knees

Parker was the last straw.... however the defense has been iffy all season, the starting safeties have been out most of the season and then they lose Arron Smith, a very solid interior lineman. The D will be too weak to make through the playoffs.

aaron smith is their best all around d-lineman. very underrated but in a 3-4, he is so important. casey hampton gets the publicity but doesnt stay on the field in pure passing situations.

i wouldnt go so far as to say their d has been iffy ALL year. lately, yes, all year, not so much.

Patriots are gonna roll to their 4th superbowl win. Funny, now all the talking heads say jacksonville could give them problems. Its the trendy pick of the week. such b.s. in my opinion.

jack97

i wouldnt go so far as to say their d has been iffy ALL year. lately, yes, all year, not so much.

OK, the D was solid during the start but halfway into to it the safeties got banged up, they gave up lots of points to the broncos and the browns then they played a couple of games in lousy weather which puts a disadvantage to a passing game. IMO, the total yards allowed was skewed due to weather.

JimG.

Staff member
At least I won't have to hear from you NE fans about knocking the Giants out of the playoffs. Thank God next week's game will mean nothing to me.

How they made it to the playoffs with Eli as QB has me baffled.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Can I just say that the refs for the Giants/Bills games SUCKED! Offensive pass interference???? Come on! There was no contact at all!

Bradshaw was HOT though!!!

Mildcat

At least I won't have to hear from you NE fans about knocking the Giants out of the playoffs. Thank God next week's game will mean nothing to me.

As a Pats fan I'm glad the Giants clinched too. I want Brady to break Mannings record. I want the Giants to rest their starters. Hey Coughlin, play the practice squad. Make next week your bi-week.

PA Ridge Racer

As a Pats fan I'm glad the Giants clinched too. I want Brady to break Mannings record. I want the Giants to rest their starters. Hey Coughlin, play the practice squad. Make next week your bi-week.

I was glad the Giants won too. I think Coughlin will rest some starters next week since they wont have a playoff bye. I so wanted to see Brady tie Mannings record at home. They were trying and I think that's partly reason they played poorly in the 2nd half. I think the Dolphins expected it. Great win though...15 down ... 4 to go!!

FRITOLAYGUY

Ahhh but im upset the Giants won, we as NE fans needed the Gmen to need this game this week that way there are no excuses like ohhh the giants didnt play their guys or play hard because they didnt need teh game.. Always something to get in the way of perfection

Mildcat

Good news for fans in other markets that don't get the NFL Network, the NFL decided to let CBS and NBC simulcast the game on their networks. Channel 5 in Boston and 9 in NH will still have the games on their stations.

drjeff

Shows just how big this game is. The NFL isn't stupid..The ratings for this game will be huge.

I don't know, I think having to listen to the "dynamic duo" of Bryant Gumbel and Chris Collinsworth calling the game might scare a few million off of the NFL Network/CBS/NBC and onto reruns of "Gray's Anatomy" over on ABC ;)

Personally, it will be TV sound down and the Sirius Broadcast of Gil Santos and Gino Capilletti calling the game turned up for me while I'm watching the game tommorrow night :) :beer:

2knees

I don't know, I think having to listen to the "dynamic duo" of Bryant Gumbel and Chris Collinsworth calling the game might scare a few million off of the NFL Network/CBS/NBC and onto reruns of "Gray's Anatomy" over on ABC ;)

Personally, it will be TV sound down and the Sirius Broadcast of Gil Santos and Gino Capilletti calling the game turned up for me while I'm watching the game tommorrow night :) :beer:

aint no one gonna listen to bryant stumble with nbc and cbs now carrying it.

I agree with the radio thing but the delay kills me. I get the radio call about 5 seconds before the tv action. It drives me nuts.

drjeff

aint no one gonna listen to bryant stumble with nbc and cbs now carrying it.

Nope, NBC and CBS are simulcasting the NFL networks broadcast :( From the NY TImes about the simulcast:

"NBC and CBS will show the NFL Network’s production of the game, with the announcers Bryant Gumbel and Cris Collinsworth, and will not pay an extra rights fee. They will each get to sell 18 30-second commercial units."

I agree with the radio thing but the delay kills me. I get the radio call about 5 seconds before the tv action. It drives me nuts.

It was great when I was at the Pats/Miami game last weekend. My friend who was sitting next to me was on his cell phone with his wife(who is a big Pats fan, but was at home entertaining her parents). She had the game on CBS, but the delay was closer to 10 seconds, so my friend and I were reacting to a play way before she'd see it on TV and it was driving her crazy. She actually hung up on him twice! Priceless moments! ;)

Zand

Poor Cleveland. :(

Pittsburgh who can't even beat the Jets and Tennessee who won't beat anyone are in and Cleveland has to watch.